Home>Support>I upgraded to Vantage 1.20.8 just now and no pages will load.

I upgraded to Vantage 1.20.8 just now and no pages will load.

(so every menu linked to an html page) says “The requested URL was not found on this server.” My site is completely disabled now. Links to media pages still work (i.e., pdf file)Links to media pages still work (i.e., pdf file)

I can go to Pages and edit every page. If I click Preview while editing I still get the page not found. So it obviously exists, but my site is DIW!!!

I restored to a backup from 3/23 that had Vantage 1.20.7. It restored all functionality. However, under Dashboard it says I have updates. Under Vantage it says “You have version 1.20.8 installed. Update to version 1.20.8.” ??? The Read.me in ftp://wordpress/wp-content/themes/vantage says “= 1.20.8 – 02 March 2023 =
* Added compatibility for the SiteOrigin Premium Logo Booster Addon.”

So, what’s going on?

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 1 year, 5 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Terry

Thanks for the updates.

Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to recreate the above issue. Are you able to create a staging site via your hosting company for testing purposes? The solution might be to click Save at SettingsPermalinks within WordPress after the issue occurs.

2. 1 year, 5 months ago Terry Hulseberg

It’s possible that your software isn’t at fault. I did make changes to my security software although I don’t see how that could’ve blocked the files.

I restored everything from a backup and it is working fine so I can no longer duplicate the problem.

After I restored there is a message to “Upgrade Vantage from 1.20.8 to 1.20.8”. No, not a typo. It says upgrade from/to the same version. Is this a glitch or are we talking same version# with different dates?

Because of the first problem, I am hesitant to upgrade the Theme at all.

hTerry g

3. 1 year, 5 months ago Terry Hulseberg

Andrew,

Apologies for my previous reply. I no doubt confused you as I answered questions not related to this specific problem.

I probably can. I’ll have to investigate. This would be a good way to see if it would re-create the problem I did have with links no working even though the pages exist and can be edited.

hTerry g

4. 1 year, 5 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for the update.

If you encountered a white screen with a message, your browser wasn’t reaching WordPress, just the server delivering a message. Unfortunately, there isn’t anything further we can suggest at this time. If you upgrade and the issue re-occurs, you can enable WordPress debugging to find out more https://wordpress.org/documentation/article/debugging-in-wordpress/. If your browser isn’t getting as far as WordPress, the debugging link above, unfortunately, wouldn’t apply.

5. 1 year, 5 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for your follow-up reply. If the issue is recreated, you can try temporarily switching to another theme to see if the issue is theme dependent. That’s a troubleshooting option.

Chat in the week :) Cheers.

6. 1 year, 5 months ago Terry Hulseberg

Andrew,

Today I just decided to update to 1.20.8. It’s easier to restore another backup than setting up test sites, etc.

No problems this time. Must’ve been my security module. I got locked out of my site due to whitelisting an IP address for me to login and it changed. I was trying lots of shenanigans to try and fix everything. I should have just restored my backup first thing, but I thought it would still lock be out. It didn’t. Apparently because I had a 24 wait before cookies were removed to log me out.

Apologies for the false alarm.

hTerry g

7. 1 year, 5 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Terry

Thanks for pushing on and keeping us updated; much appreciated. I’m glad to hear the issue is resolved.

Cheers for now :)

Andrew

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More