Home>Support>http server error 500

http server error 500

Unable to reach a WordPress site styrso.nu/kammarsolister. It is part of a WordPress multisite home page styrso.nu and this is the only one which is using Siteorigin Pagebuilder. It worked fine until the last upgrade to 2.6.9. It uses the theme Weaver-X, which was also recently upgraded to version 4. As soon as I delete Siteorigin Page builder, it comes up but the layout is no longer as it was intended to be.
But I have two more WordPress sites using Weaver-x which have also been recently upgraded to version 4. In the one which is not using Page builder, there is no visible changes. The third WordPress site, the first one where I used page builder has lost 2 out of 3 lines in the footer widget area. Only the line where there are images is visible and part of the first line the images are visible. Text and background color do not show. Clicking on the place where a link is not visible will go to the linked page. Another strange thing is that the WordPress menu is only available on the home page. SiteOrigin CSS does no longer show the elements o the (home) page. The last page visited comes up as a normal page with links and all. This page is sjystdata.se. The footer widget area there is build with the pagebuilder widget. It worked fine until the last upgrades.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 6 years, 3 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Ingegerd,

I’m sorry to hear about the issue you’re facing. There’s a PHP error on your linked page (this is why the page isn’t completely displaying). Please enable WP_DEBUG, which will require you to edit wp-config.php, as this will allow for the error to appear on your page.

Regardless, there are no widespread issues that are similar to the issue you’re experiencing so it’s quite likely there’s a plugin conflict introduced in the latest update. Can you try disabling all non-SiteOrigin plugins and see if this fixes the issue? You’ll need to clear all your caches after disabling your plugins. This test will allow us to work out the conflicting with SiteOrigin Page Builder.

If it does fix the issue, then try re-enabling your plugins one by one until the issue comes back. This procedure will help diagnose which plugin is causing the issue.

Once we know that, we’ll be able to look at what might be causing the conflict and either solve the problem or help you find an alternative plugin.

If you aren’t using a SiteOrigin theme, then you can also try temporarily switching to one of the default WordPress themes to see if the issue is theme related.

2. 6 years, 3 months ago ingegerd

Hi Alex,
    Thanks for your answer. After updating wp-config.php with Debug true,
    this message was found in Edge browser.

FRÅGOR & SVAR
    FÖLJ SJYST DATA PÅ:

Användarvillkor
    Copyright: © [year] sjystdata.se
    Senast ändrad: Jun 29, 2018 @ 20:11

©2018 – Sjyst data
    Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function get_the_privacy_policy_link() in
    /hsphere/local/home/hb171704758/sjystdata.se/wp-content/themes/weaver-xtreme/footer.php:82
    Stack trace: #0
    /hsphere/local/home/hb171704758/sjystdata.se/wp-includes/template.php(688):
    require_once() #1
    /hsphere/local/home/hb171704758/sjystdata.se/wp-includes/template.php(647):
    load_template('/hsphere/local/…', true) #2
    /hsphere/local/home/hb171704758/sjystdata.se/wp-includes/general-template.php(76):
    locate_template(Array, true) #3
    /hsphere/local/home/hb171704758/sjystdata.se/wp-content/themes/weaver-xtreme/includes/lib-runtime.php(1321):
    get_footer('page') #4
    /hsphere/local/home/hb171704758/sjystdata.se/wp-content/themes/weaver-xtreme/includes/lib-layout.php(435):
    weaverx_get_footer('page') #5
    /hsphere/local/home/hb171704758/sjystdata.se/wp-content/themes/weaver-xtreme/page.php(27):
    weaverx_page_tail('page', 'one-column') #6
    /hsphere/local/home/hb171704758/sjystdata.se/wp-includes/template-loader.php(74):
    include('/hsphere/local/… in
    /hsphere/local/home/hb171704758/sjystdata.se/wp-content/themes/weaver-xtreme/footer.php on line 82

The first lines are the text which disappeared after the last updates of both waver-x theme and Page builder. It seems to me that it has much more to do with the weaver-x theme than with Page Builder. But I can't see how it relates to the data I have written with the pagebuilder widget inside the footer. I will try the weaver-x forum for this error.
    Or can you with your expertise find out more about this error than I am able too see?
    The secand much more sincere error in anotherr webpage, I will deal with tomorrow.
    Regards Ingegerd Jansson

—— Originalmeddelande ——

3. 6 years, 3 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Ingegerd,

The first line references a missing WordPress function, get_the_privacy_policy_link. This function was introduced in WordPress 4.9.6 so you should definitely have it if you’re using that version. Are you using the latest version of WordPress?

4. 6 years, 3 months ago ingegerd

Hi Alex,
    I seem to have WP 4.9.1 on this particular website. On the Update page it says it is the last available WP but apparently it isn't. My two other websites running on the same ISP, they are on 4.9.6.
    There is also a notice of another php error: Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in
    /hsphere/local/home/hb171704758/sjystdata.se/wp-admin/update-core.php on line 40
    May be I should reinstall WP but how do I know it will be a 4.9.6 and not an older version? And off course I want the content to be intact .
    It is a risky project but I have not done any changes to plugins and theme apart fron adding some CSS and update the settings, so I have no idea how to solve php errors.
    Regards Ingegerd

—— Originalmeddelande ——

5. 6 years, 3 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Ingegerd,

Preface: Do a backup before proceeding.

Please try disabling all plugins and navigate to WP AdminDashboardUpdates and click Check Again. Do you see an update now? If so, please update. Regardless, please reactivate your previously activated plugins.

You can manually update WordPress but it’s a tad tricky if you’re unfamiliar with FTP.

6. 6 years, 2 months ago ingegerd

Thanks for all your help. All issues solved. Server error 500 was a php error in Simple Visitor Counter plugin. Why the error was fatal only when Page Builder was activated I still dont know but i deleted the
    Visitor plugin and then the error disappeared.
    FTP is something I have been using for decades and with the very clear instruction in Update WordPress Codex – Manual update , it was no problem to replace those parts of WP that must have been corrupted. Why or how this WP site was corrupted I assume I will never know. The main thing is that all my WP sites are now running nicely again thanks to all good advice I have got from you. I am very grateful
    Best regards Ingegerd

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More