Home>Support>HTTP 500 Internal Server Error

HTTP 500 Internal Server Error

By BLee, 6 years ago. Last reply by BLee, 6 years ago.

I am having an odd problem. I some users with admin permissions and some with editor permissions. Most of my pages are built using page builder. I have one page “People” that those with editor level permissions receive an “HTTP 500 Internal Server Error” when they try to edit it. This error does not occur for those with admin permissions. All users with editor permissions have the same issue and it is only with the “People” page. I have checked to see what other differences there may be between the “People” page and all other pages and don’t see any. I don’t seem to be able to find others having this same problem. Can you point me in the right direction.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 6 years, 2 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi BLee,

This sounds like it could be a plugin conflict issue. I know that may sound odd as it’s only affecting a user type, but a lot of different things could cause a plugin conflict – setting difference, major account differences (read: account role), etc – so it’s definitely possible.

Can you try disabling all non-SiteOrigin plugins and see if this fixes the issue? You’ll need to clear all your caches after disabling your plugins.

If it does fix the issue, then try re-enabling your plugins one by one until the issue comes back. This procedure will help diagnose which plugin is causing the issue.

Once we know that, we’ll be able to look at what might be causing the conflict and either solve the problem or help you find an alternative plugin.

If you aren’t using a SiteOrigin theme, then you can also try temporarily switching to one of the default WordPress themes to see if the issue is theme related.

2. 6 years, 2 months ago BLee

Thanks, I’ll give this a try.

3. 6 years, 2 months ago BLee

Thank you, I have tried turning off all plugins and that did not fix the issue. I did clear the caches.

I’m a little afraid to change the theme, I don’t want to destroy our site. We are currently using Theme Alley. Which of the WP themes would you recommend?

4. 6 years, 2 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi BLee,

If you haven’t already, do a backup. If something goes wrong you can just restore the backup and it’ll be as if you never attempted changing theme.

Please change to a default WordPress like – themes such as Twenty Seventeen, Twenty Eighteen, etc. These themes are always featured so if you don’t have one installed, please navigate to WP AdminAppearanceThemes and click Add New, and one of the Twenty themes will be there.

5. 6 years, 2 months ago BLee

I’m not sure what the issue was but main System Administrator was able to resolve the issue.

Thanks for your help. If I find out what the fix was I will share with everyone.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More