Home>Support>HTTP 500 error message on pages

HTTP 500 error message on pages

Hi,

Everytime i add a page using the page builder editor, the pages i made don’t load up. I get a http 500 error message.

What’s wrong? I work with wordpress version 4.4.2

Hope someone knows how to solve that.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 8 years, 4 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Degiekes

Thanks for reaching out.

One of the possible causes is a shortage of PHP memory available to WordPress. One of the easiest ways to resolve this, assuming it’s the issue, would be to reach out to your hosting company and ask them to increase your PHP memory to 256 if possible.

2. 8 years, 4 months ago degiekes

Ok thanks for the reply.

But isn’t it possible that the problem has to do with the wrong php version on my hosting? Altough php version 5.5 is active on my hosting.

I also tried other page builders for wordpress and not only this one, and i also have the same problems with the other page builders for wordpress.

Maybe a conflict with another plugin. I don’t know. All the other plugins are working just fine, just page builder plugins give problems when i wanna view the page i build with.

Or maybe it’s not working well with wordpress version 4.4.2 i have installed on my hosting.

But i’ll try to ask the company of my webhosting to what size of memory php is setted up on my hosting like you mention, Andrew.

3. 8 years, 4 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Sure, there are many possible issues. However, in my experience, the most likely one is a memory shortage. If you’re up for doing it yourself: http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/fix-wordpress-memory-exhausted-error-increase-php-memory/. 256 would be ideal.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More