Home>Support>How to move custom menu Icons to the right

How to move custom menu Icons to the right

Hi,

I would like to place a social media icon on the right side of my menu. I read through a previous thread that explained how to do this. I followed all the steps described, but I see no icon in my menu. I’m not using the masthead on my site like the other thread poster did, so I’m not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Jeff

URL: http://www.singletrackacademy.com/

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 7 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Jeff

Any chance you have a record of the thread you looked at for this? A while back I created a child theme that added a widget area into the menu. You’d then need to head to Appearance > Widgets to access the new widget area.

https://siteorigin.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/vantage-child-logo-in-menu-menu-widget-area.zip

That is the last one I made. You’d install via Appearance > Themes > Add New. It should add a new widget area at Appearance > Widgets.

Activating a child theme will reset menu and Customizer settings. Test the child theme out first before redoing all those settings.

2. 9 years, 7 months ago Jeff Wright

Hi Andrew,

The thread I looked at has the same title / subject as this thread…I did download the child theme, installed it, copied the code you wrote and inserted it into the stylesheet, reset my menu settings, and I set up the menu widget with the Vantage Social Media widget. However, nothing happens. I messed a bit with the top and right alignment values, but that did nothing as well.

Here is the link to the thread I looked at: Thread: How to move custom Menu Icons to the right

3. 9 years, 7 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Sorry for not sending more info here. I just tested this now. All you need to do is install the child theme from Appearance > Themes > Add New: Upload Theme, activate it. Then go to Appearance > Widgets, there you’ll see a new widget area called Menu, add your widget there. If you need to edit the widget area alignment, head to Appearance > Editor > style.css.

Besides installing the child theme there isn’t anything else that needs to be added.

4. 9 years, 7 months ago Jeff Wright

I messed around in the Appearance > Theme Settings > Layout tab and changed the Masthead Layout to Default Masthead. This setting showed the social media icon in the menu as you described. However, once I change the Masthead Layout setting to "Logo in Menu" the social media icon disappears…not sure why that is happening??

5. 9 years, 7 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

I can take a look if you’d like. Send through a temporary set of login details to [email protected]. Please send a single email from yourself with a link back to this thread included. Thanks

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More