Home>Support>Home page slider

Home page slider

Hi,

I’d like to know if it is possible to add a sign up for in the home page’s slider. I am currently using a child theme which makes my main menu being bellow my slider, could I not have a toolbar to display my main menu? I would like the main manu to be set straight on the main image as you can see in this website : http://caradafoto.com.br
If those 2 things can be done, could you guide me in how can i proceed?

Cheers,

Renata

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 8 years, 11 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Renata

Unfortunately, this isn’t possible without a fair amount of custom coding. This is beyond the scope of what we can help you with on the forums, but you could hire a developer to implement this for you.

We highly recommend using https://codeable.io/.

2. 8 years, 11 months ago Renata Barcelos Le Gohébel

Hi Andrew, thank you for your reply.

Even making the menu toolbar transparent needs a lot of coding?

Thanks

3. 8 years, 11 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Sure :)

Themes with this functionality built in were designed with this in mind from the beginning. You can adjust the menu opacity using the following:

/* Vantage Menu Opacity */

.main-navigation {
    background: rgba(0,0,0,0) !important;
    }

But if you’re using the sticky menu this leads to problems. This also leaves the challenge of overlapping the slider and the menu. Unfortunately, not as simple as it might seem.

4. 8 years, 11 months ago Renata Barcelos Le Gohébel

Yeah, indeed not as simple as it seems. It worked for about 5 seconds and even after disabling the sticky menu it didn’t work…

Thanks anyway, have a good day

5. 8 years, 11 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for your understanding. You too :)

6. 8 years, 11 months ago Renata Barcelos Le Gohébel

Hi Andrew, it is me again.

I got a problem, ever since I tried adding the custom css code you just gave to try and make the menu transparent it didn’t only not do as expected as it also changed the color of the menu to gray and no matter how many times i change the color, the gray is always there. What should I do?

Cheers

7. 8 years, 11 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Has the Custom CSS been removed? If so, are you running a caching plugin? If so, try clearing it’s cache, also try clearing your browser cache.

8. 8 years, 11 months ago Renata Barcelos Le Gohébel

Hi again Andrew,

yes the custom CSS has been removed and I’m not running any caching plugin. Any other solution?

9. 8 years, 11 months ago Renata Barcelos Le Gohébel

problem solved, thank you

10. 8 years, 11 months ago Renata Barcelos Le Gohébel

Well, not really, i still have the same problem. What could i do?

11. 8 years, 11 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

We’d need to view the site to advise further. If you can turn off your maintenance mode plugin temporarily we could take a look.

Private Snippet

12. 8 years, 11 months ago Renata Barcelos Le Gohébel

Hey Andrew.. sorry for this late reply but clearly we’ve got different time zones :) (not really, considering you’re in Cape Town right?)

I’ll turn it off right away and you can have a look.

Thanks and have a good day

13. 8 years, 11 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Cape Town, that’s right :)

Apologies for the delay. Alternatively, you can send us a username and password to login using the Private Reply checkbox below.

Thanks

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More