Home>Support>Hero widget

Hero widget

Hi,

I’m a developer at ProteusThemes and we are using your PageBuilder + Widget Bundle in all our themes… Great job on these plugins! :)

One of the widgets we have is Featured page widget, which automatically gets a page content “exceprt” and strips all HTML tags. The problem, one of our customers has come across is, if you set your Hero widget at the top of that featured page, it will output “1” character. Or if you set two images in the Hero widget, it will output “1 2”. I’ve noticed, that you are using these as the dot navigation in the slider (in this element: .sow-slider-pagination), but you then “hide” the text with CSS: `text-indent: -9999px;`.

Is this HTML output of these numbers really necessary, if you then hide it with CSS?
https://goo.gl/kxwY3S

The dot navigation links probably don’t need this content and so the automatic excerpt from the page content would work better :)

Take care!

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 7 years, 1 month ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Capuderg,

I can’t personally vouch for why it was designed like this but it was likely designed like this with (admittedly mild) accessibility in mind. I’ll bring this up with Braam.

2. 7 years, 1 month ago Private Message - Alex S Hi, I Work Here

This is a private message.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More