Home>Support>Gutenberg not working with WordPress 5.01

Gutenberg not working with WordPress 5.01

My website was recently upgraded to the new WordPress 5.01. The current page builder I am using is 2.9.7. When I try to write a post I get the old classic editor. I have been using Gutenberg and I have gotten used to using the block style. When I disable my page builder I am able to post using a Gutenberg format. What happens then is that my home page goes blank since my website was designed using Page builder. Is there an update coming to overcome this problem? Currently I disable the page builder write the post in gutenberg then reactivate it so my website shows the home page. It works for now but it worked before the upgrade without me doing this. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 5 years, 9 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi, thanks for reaching out.

This behavior is being worked on now. For the moment you can do one of the following:

1. Go to PagesAll Pages, locate the Add New button, click the drop-down arrow next to Add New and select the Block Editor option.

2. Go to SettingsPage Builder and disable the default to Classic Editor option.

Hope that helps.

2. 5 years, 9 months ago Americanbackpacker

Outstanding, it worked when I unchecked the classic editor in the Post settings. The Gutenberg blocks now show.

3. 5 years, 9 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Super :) Glad to hear that helped.

If questions arise in the future, please let us know.

All the best.

4. 5 years, 9 months ago Americanbackpacker

Thank you.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More