Home>Support>Google Maps widget – Markers don’t show after WordPress 4.7 update

Google Maps widget – Markers don’t show after WordPress 4.7 update

Good Morning to everyone!

I’m using SiteOrigin North Theme for my website. My website is on demo mode installed on a local host computer. After I updated on WordPress 4.7, my SiteOrigin Google Maps widget doesn’t show my places on my embedded map.

I have two seperate addresses of two stores, so I have set two seperate markers on my map through the widget. I updatted SiteOrigin PageBuilder and all the features that come with North Theme, but the markers are still nowhere. Furthermore, before the last update (WordPress 3.6.1) the markers were visible and functional.

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you in advance!

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 7 years, 9 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Lmk83,

Have you added an API key to your Google Maps widget? If not, that could be why it’s not appearing. To create an API key, please navigate to either this page for a dynamic map or this page for a static map.

Once you’ve generated the API, simply add it to your Google Maps widget.

If the above doesn’t help, would it be possible for you to send me an export for this widget? To do this open up the page with the widget and click layout. Then click import / export and then click download. Please upload the export to a 3rd party file hosting site such as teknik.io.

Also, please view the page with the map present and then please send me the contents of your browser console. Please refer to this guide on how to access your browser console.

2. 7 years, 9 months ago Costas

Good morning!

I solved the problem. First of all, I had already added an API key on Google Maps Widget, before I updated on 4.7 version.

I solved the problem, via deletting the widget from the page, I generated a new API key and, finally, I add the widget on the page from the beginning. Now the markers are OK and appear normally on the map.

Thank you for your response!

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More