Home>Support>Full Size Background in Columns, pt. 2

Full Size Background in Columns, pt. 2

Hi Andrew, for some reason the previous thread is not posting my reply.

Your Custom CSS for a full sized background image definitely gets the site a lot closer to what I want! Thanks!
Only thing is, I’m a little confused on what size a “large” image needs to be…I played around with several sizes, and although they will cover the whole background, only a very zoomed in portion of the picture appears, rather than an enlarged version of the whole picture.

Also, when I want to use your Custom CSS on smaller images for one column, I tried playing around with the size by changing the “max-width”, but the changes aren’t occurring on the front end of the site.
I also tried adding an image through visual editor, and then width and heigh in the “text” box, but it doesn’t appear to be changing the size either:

The “Advisory Services” and “Practice Areas” column at the bottom of the page linked below should demonstrate my two questions. Thanks!

URL: http://784.112.myftpupload.com/

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 14 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Cathryn293

By large I just meant large enough to fill the space. It looks like you’re inserting images via the Visual Editor widget. In my test page I inserted the right image as a row background. You do that by editing the row, clicking the Theme tab and inserting the background image URL. You can find the background image URL by going to the Media Library, clicking on the image and copying the URL from the right column metabox. Have you had a chance to try that method in combination with my Custom CSS. There was also a row style in there, inserted into the Attributes > Row Class field.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More