Home>Support>Footer Translation with WPML

Footer Translation with WPML

Hi. Same issue exactly as this thread: https://siteorigin.com/thread/footer-translation-with-wpml/

WPML / Vantage Premium. Default language is Hebrew and I translate to English. I have the footer text in the “Site information”. How do I translate the footer to English?

Thanks

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 6 months ago Daniel
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Eyal,

I have attached for you guide that will help you in this

Link : http://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/how-to-translate-a-wordpress-theme/.

The .pot file can be found in the vantage theme file on your server at:

/wp-content/themes/vantage/languages/vantage.pot.

Try that out and let me know the outcome.

Cheers

2. 9 years, 6 months ago Eyal Rosen

Thanks but this did not help.

1. I followed the guide.
    2. But the POT file does not include my Hebrew “Site Information Text” string that appears in the footer. It only includes system strings.

What’s next?

3. 9 years, 6 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Eyal

We unfortunately don’t yet have a way to handle this. This has prompted another look though. We’ll chat to WPML and try figure out what can be done for the future, perhaps some kind of shortcode solution.

One method you could use now would be to remove the Site Information text and insert that same text into a Visual Editor widget in the footer widget area. Then send through a link and I’ll help with CSS to push that last widget into the same position that the Site Info Text previously occupied. You can then translate that widget as you would any other.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More