Home>Support>Footer Question

Footer Question

I need to update the footer in Vantage to include links to my disclosure & privacy pages. How can I go about this?

I see that the premium version offers more flexibility but it does not state whether it will solve this issue.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

LP Share
howiwearit.com
(under re-construction)

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 8 years, 6 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi LP Share,

You don’t need the premium version to add things to the footer. Simply navigate to WP AdminAppearanceWidgets and you’ll have the option of adding widgets to your footer. Thus as a result, links.

• 8 years, 6 months ago LP Share

Hi Alex,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I can add footer widgets with no problem, it is the site info I wanted to edit. I wanted to add the disclosure & privacy links to the ‘site-info’, below the accessible footer widgets, next to my copyright data, etc.

I could add the text from ‘Theme Settings’ with no issue, but did not have a way to make it a live link to the actual pages for my visitors, without editing the theme code.

I am not even sure if the plugin ‘SO CSS’ would have allowed me to do it? After all the time I put in, I taught myself how to code the php/css/html and got it done successfully.

Again, thanks for your response!
      LP Share

2. 8 years, 6 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi LP Share,

The SiteOrigin CSS Editor is purely for CSS. It cannot help you in doing this.

With that said, you can actually add HTML to the Site Information Text setting. So in theory you could do what you want without having to edit anything but a theme setting. Let me know how it goes.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More