Home>Support>Footer Menu

Footer Menu

I’ve created a Footer Menu with a page for a Privacy Policy but when I go to ‘Manage Locations’ there is a message stating ‘Your theme supports 1 menu’. Is it possible to have a plugin so that the Theme Location under Appearance>Menus will contain more than just the Primary Menu. I believe other themes have a second Menu Location and I don’t really want to change themes. I have bought Vantage Premium. Any helpful suggestions would be most welcome. Thank you.

URL: http://adwordsmaggie.com/

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 11 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Maggie

Vantage unfortunately doesn’t have a footer menu location. Menu locations are theme dependent and require some styling to support the location. I don’t know of any plugins that can handle this. You could head to Appearance > Widgets and insert a Custom Menu widget in the footer widget area. It’ll format as a vertical list by default. If you want it to format as a horizontal list try adding the following to Appearance > Custom CSS:

/* Vantage Horizontal Footer Menu */

#footer-widgets .widget.widget_nav_menu ul {
    text-align: center;
    }
    #footer-widgets .widget.widget_nav_menu li {
    display: inline-block;
    float: none;
    margin-right: 16px;
    }
    #footer-widgets .widget.widget_nav_menu li:last-of-type {
    margin-right: 0;
    }

Hope that helps.

2. 8 years, 10 months ago Mike

Hi I’m kind of new here and new to WordPress. I are using Vantage Premium.
    I followed your instructions but I’m still getting a vertical Menu in the Footer

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

• 8 years, 10 months ago Andrew Misplon
      Hi, I Work Here

Hey Mike

I’ll pick up your thread in just a bit.

Chat there.

Cheers

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More