Home>Support>Footer

Footer

im browsing here for some footer thread support,and i can;t see one, cause my footer page is eating my whole site. i want it to stay the size on the bottom of my page. or maybe ill just remove it but the site information text will remain. yeah maybe its better if i just remove it. thanks!

URL: http://chiaraspastry.com

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 6 months ago Magus
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Roland
    the footer should only be the size of whatever content is in it ( with a little padding ).

If it is any bigger then it should be possible to adjust this with custom CSS.

As your site is under a construction page I cannot give you any possible solutions.

If you wish you can send me some temporary login details via a private reply to this post (by clicking on reply under my avatar icon on the left and choosing private reply at the bottom of the text box) and I will take a look.

2. 9 years, 6 months ago roland

Hi Magus,maybe i’ll just remove the footer but I want to remain the site information text on the bottom? is that possible?

3. 9 years, 6 months ago Magus
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Roland

That would not be possible, the site information is displayed as part of the footer.

Magus

4. 9 years, 6 months ago roland

or how about this, ill just make the color transparent or 0 opacity? then ill put the site information text with the background image?

5. 9 years, 6 months ago Magus
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Roland

That could work. Something along the lines of this

#footer{

background: rgba(0,0,0,0.8) !important;

}

Magus

6. 9 years, 6 months ago Magus
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Roland

Change that it should read

#colophon{

background: rgba(0,0,0,0.8) !important;

}

7. 9 years, 5 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi roland

The footer takes up the leftover page content. The Vantage footer is unfortunately not sticky. Another option is to set a min-height for your content container:

/* Main Container */

#main {
    	min-height: 500px;
    }

Adjust the 500px value as required.

8. 9 years, 5 months ago roland

Thanks Magus!

Hi Andrew!, is it possible if ill just make the footer stay on the bottom? like when i scroll down it will just stay? do you get me? sorry im not really into website, so its difficult for me to explain my problem but i hope you get me. :)

9. 9 years, 5 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Unfortunately not without a fair bit of custom development. The easiest is the Custom CSS snippet I mentioned above. Insert that under Appearance > Custom CSS and adjust it to say 1000px for demonstration purposes. You’ll see that it sets a minimum height for the main content container, this will push the footer down on pages that don’t have much content. It’s unfortunately the only hotfix we have have for this challenge at the moment.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More