Home>Support>Featured Image

Featured Image

I want the featured image to appear on my post page for the blog, I have reviewed the Theme Settings and have selected to show image as a small icon, saved, refreshed the site and do not see any images on the post page. What am I missing?

Thanks for your help.

URL: http://www.warondiabetes.org

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 7 months ago Greg Priday
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi pjruggiero,

First I’d just like to confirm that you’re setting the featured images for your posts. If you are setting these, then the next thing to check would be any caching plugins. If you have any caching/performance plugins installed, can you try clearing their cache?

2. 9 years, 7 months ago pjruggiero

Greg,

I feel like a bit of a fool. I went back and checked the box for feature image under page/post options at the top of the page and then the Magic
    Feature Image appeared at lower right of page. I knew I was missing something and was clueless. Now, everything is working very well concerning featured image.

I am having another challenge and if you want me to post it, just let me know. I want to begin to include more recipes on the site. But doing a copy and paste of the recipes doesn't seem to make the most sense. I can put up a picture of the food and link it to the site from which is comes. So, I have to download the picture into the media library, then put it on a post/page, and then create the link. The problem is that if I do them as a gallery, WP looks at the gallery as one image – so what can I do? Or, am I just out of luck? Is this a case of where I could use Page Builder? I can see that the recipe pages could easily grow to several hundred recipes considering three meals, soups, snacks, and desserts.

Any ideas to solve my problem?

3. 9 years, 6 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi, I’m unfortunately losing you at this part here:

The problem is that if I do them as a gallery, WP looks at the gallery as one image – so what can I do?

Can you perhaps show us an example of this?

Ideally I’d continue to add recipes as posts. You can use post categories to organise them. Then using the Post Loop widget you’ll have a lot of freedom to pull different categories into different pages as required.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More