Home>Support>Fatal Error

Fatal Error

Help! I see this whenever I try to make a change to my sites appearance

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 64 bytes) in /home/getknu9/public_html/medviron.com/Wordpress/wp-content/plugins/so-widgets-bundle/base/inc/lessc.inc.php on line 2488

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 7 years, 7 months ago Greg Priday
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Jerome

This is a fairly common issue when your PHP memory allocation is low. Luckily, it’s very easy to increase your memory allocation.

http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/fix-wordpress-memory-exhausted-error-increase-php-memory/

2. 7 years, 7 months ago Jerome Alicki

Ah, something new everyday. Thanks dude I’ll give it a shot.

Jer

3. 7 years, 7 months ago Jerome Alicki

Greg, I really really don’t like you right now. I followed you instructions and I totally fried my WordPress site. I don’t have access to it anymore.

4. 7 years, 7 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Jerome,

That’s odd! Greg’s advice is spot on for the issue you’re having.
    Could you elaborate what happened as a result of the change? Is there a new error message?

5. 7 years, 7 months ago Greg Priday
    Hi, I Work Here

Sorry to hear that Jerome. I’d like to point out that those aren’t my instructions, they’re from WPBeginner (the site I linked to). If you’re having issues with their instructions, then perhaps you can post a comment on their blog. Maybe one of the steps they laid out weren’t clear.

My guess is that the code to increase the memory limit was added incorrectly and you’re now getting a syntax error. My suggestion would be to contact your web hosts and ask them to fix the mistake for you. They should also be able to increase the memory allocation.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More