Home>Support>Essential Grid has an issue with PageBuilder in WordPress 5.5.1

Essential Grid has an issue with PageBuilder in WordPress 5.5.1

Hi! After updating to WordPress 5.5, Page builder stopped working, i wasnt able to modify pages content and the block editor disappeared, leaving just a visual an html editors available. Looking into other threads i found that if i temporarily change to Twenty Twenty theme and deactivate all plugins except those from SiteOrigin I could be able to see if Page Builder worked again. I did it and it worked. After that the recommendation was tu return to my theme and reactivate plugins one by one to check which one was causing troubles. I did and when activating Essential Grid plugin, the PageBuilder stops working again and the block editor disappears. Do you know how can i fix this?

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 4 years, 19 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Luis

Thanks for reaching out.

Essential Grid has come up as an issue several times since the 5.5 release. You can perhaps try temporarily patching the issue using https://wordpress.org/plugins/enable-jquery-migrate-helper/. If jQuery Migrate Helper provides warnings related to Essential Grid, please, contact the developers.

2. 4 years, 19 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

To put this another way, if a plugin produces JavaScript errors on a page it’ll prevent other plugins from using JavaScript on the page. As far as I recall, this is what’s happening here.

3. 4 years, 17 days ago Luis_JuarezG

It worked! Thank you very much.

4. 4 years, 17 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Super, glad to hear that helps :) Thanks for the update.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More