Home>Support>Error in accordion widget since upgrading past PHP 7.0

Error in accordion widget since upgrading past PHP 7.0

In any version of PHP 7.1 or 7.2 I get the following error on certain pages in my site that use the accordian widget.
Can anyone assist me troubleshooting this?

Fatal error: Uncaught ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function category_search_autofill(), 0 passed in wp-contentpluginscustom-widgetsso-categories-accordion-widgettplbase.php on line 8 and exactly 1 expected in wp-contentpluginscustom-widgetsso-categories-accordion-widgettplbase.php:10 Stack trace: #0 wp-contentpluginscustom-widgetsso-categories-accordion-widgettplbase.php(8): category_search_autofill() #1 wp-contentpluginsso-widgets-bundlebasesiteorigin-widget.class.php(421): include(‘wp-contentpluginssiteorigin-panelsincrenderer.php(1043): SiteOrigin_Widget->widget(Array, Array) #3 wp-contentpluginssiteorigin-panelsincrenderer.php(1645): SiteOrigin_Panels_Renderer->the_widget(Array, Array, 0, 0, 0, true, true, 42936, ”) #4 wp-contentpluginssiteorigin-panels in wp-contentpluginscustom-widgetsso-categories-accordion-widgettplbase.php on line 10

I’m using the following versions of siteorigin plugins

Page Builder by SiteOrigin Version 2.6.6
SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle Version 1.11.8

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 6 years, 4 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi

Sorry to hear you’ve run into a problem. Are you sure that’s our plugin in the first error? The path is:

wp-content/plugins/custom-widgets/

Page Builder’s folder will be siteorigin-panels and the Widgets Bundle folder will be so-widgets-bundle

2. 6 years, 4 months ago arkid77

Hi Andrew thanks for the quick reply.

So yes I have both those folders you mention as well. Sorry for any ignorance with the plugin but this site wasn´t created by me, im just maintaining it so I´m not that familiar with your software.

What I see is folders as follows within plugins….

custom-widgets
    siteorigin-panels
    so-widgets-bundle

inside of custom-widgets are a load of sub folders for custom widgets such as

so-advertisements-widget
    so-archive-widget
    so-artisans-accordion-widget
    etc

So I believe these are custom written widgets for your system. It was working fine on PHP 7.0.

3. 6 years, 4 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for checking, that’s a great start. It would be best for the developer of the custom widgets to check what’s happening and troubleshoot the problem. It’s unfortunately a bit beyond our support scope to troubleshoot customizations.

If an error persists with only our plugins activated then that’s something we could help investigate.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More