Home>Support>Customizer in Vantage premium and Vantage 1.5

Customizer in Vantage premium and Vantage 1.5

Hi,

Running WP 4.5.3
Running Vantage Premium
Testing Vantage 1.5

Issue: Cannot get to Appearance>Customizer

Action: Hitting Customizer button brings to blank page, grayish

Tested with other themes on same installation and site. They work fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

HG?mws

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 8 years, 2 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi HunterGatherer,

I know I already replied to you over email but I feel this could be useful to those who face the same issue.

I suspect the reason you’re not seeing anything is due to reaching the memory limit per page. I know that might sound odd but we use the customizer heavily in our themes so the performance requirements are larger. I would recommend giving this article a read on how to increase the memory limit.

2. 8 years, 2 months ago HunterGatherer

Thanks Alex for responding here and on my support request.

As per the article, I’m not getting any error messages popping up, only a blank screen. I’ve run into memory limits before, and am now at my hosting company’s maximum. Any suggestions other than moving to a more accommodating hosting plan?

Thanks again,

HG/mws

3. 8 years, 2 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi HunterGatherer,

The reason why said error message wouldn’t be showing is likely due to WP_DEBUG being disabled.

To clarify, what’s your hosting companies limit?

4. 8 years, 2 months ago HunterGatherer

64MB limit

5. 8 years, 2 months ago HunterGatherer

BTW: I increased the memory limit to the full 64MB using the config file change described in the article referenced above.

define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ’64M’);

Still cannot get to the Customizer. If I disable PageBuilder, I have full access to the Customizer.

6. 8 years, 2 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi HunterGathererm

Hm. I think we need to enable WP_DEBUG so we can see the error message present on the customizer page. Please connect to your website via FTP (you might need to ask for help from your hosting provider) and open up your wp-config.php file and set WP_DEBUG to true. Then view the customizer (with Page Builder active) and please send me a copy of the error message – ideally as a private reply.

7. 8 years, 1 month ago Private Message - HunterGatherer

This is a private message.

8. 8 years, 1 month ago Private Message - Alex S Hi, I Work Here

9. 8 years, 1 month ago HunterGatherer

Yep….
    But, never had a problem with it before this…

To test:
    With PMP active, and using twentyfourteen theme, I can get to the customizer.
    With PMP active, using Weaver II, customizer page works fine,
    With PMP active, using twentyfifteen, customizer works fine
    With PMP active, using Weaver Xtreme, customizer produces the following page contents:
    “Edit Add SiteOrigin Contact Form
    SiteOrigin Contact Form”
    With PMP active, using Twentythirteen, the customizer page comes up with no settings or preview

With Vantage Premium:
    With PMP active, Customizer produces a blank grey page, regardless of path to the customizer

With the new Vantage:
    With PMP Active, Customizer produces a blank gray page, regardless of path to customizer

I’ve posted a message for PMP, but am not a paid subscriber to their support. I’m checking all the other plugins to see if one of them is actually the culprit.

10. 8 years, 1 month ago Private Message - HunterGatherer

11. 8 years, 1 month ago HunterGatherer

I may have found what is happening.

When I hit the Customizer button (link) AND it goes to a blank page, if I hit the back arrow on my browser (Chrome) it goes to the Customizer settings page. I haven’t tested every plugin combination yet. But somehow, in Vantage Premium or the new version of Vantage, hitting Customizer appears to send the browser one link past the actual Customizer page, to a blank page. Hitting the back button, gets to Customizer.

So for now, I guess the issue is solved, as I’ve got a workaround. I’m still testing the various plugins to see if any of them cause the conflict as well. I’ll let you know if I find any.

Thanks Alex.

HG/mws

12. 8 years, 1 month ago HunterGatherer

Ooops. I was wrong. After taking a break, the problem is back. Even in Firefox. So still debugging.

13. 8 years, 1 month ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi HunterGatherer,

Would it be possible for you to create a temporary admin account for us so we can log in and take a look (I’m not saying we’ll be able to find the issue)?

14. 8 years, 1 month ago Private Message - Alex S Hi, I Work Here

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More