Home>Support>Custom Contact Form

Custom Contact Form

Hello, I am using Vantage Theme Premium. Which plugin would you guys recommend to custom a contact form? I am currently using Custom Contact Forms plugin by Taylor Lovett. I am facing some issues with the customs forms.

– On the page www.hotelmassage.sg/make-a-booking , 2 dropdown fields are used and user must choose the gender (male or female), but even after user has selected his/her gender, and after clicking on ‘Submit Form’ button, an error message (this field is required) will still appear.

– If I customise the gender dropdown field as ‘not required’ , user can then click on ‘Submit Form’ button and the submitted form will go through nicely to wordpress admin area and an email will be sent to me. But when looking closely at the forms submitted in wp-admin and form sent to my email, user’s chosen gender in dropdown is always not indicated and shown only as a dash ( – indicating a blank), even when he/she has selected the gender.

Not sure if I am not customising the forms correctly or perhaps the Custom Contact Form plugin isn’t working too well with Vantage Theme Premium.

I can email to you an admin username and password to help me look into it. I would be happy to make a donation for the assistance. Thank you SiteOrigin for coaching and teaching us how to make our own websites.

URL: http://www.hotelmassage.sg/make-a-booking/

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 1 day ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Jaswong83

This sounds like it could be a plugin conflict issue. Can you try disabling all plugins except for the contact form and SiteOrigin plugins. Does the drop down issue persist?

2. 9 years, 1 day ago jaswong83

I just tried disabling all plugins and only activated plugins are Custom Contact Forms plugin by Taylor Lovett and SiteOrigin plugins. Yes, the dropdown issue still exist on dropdown field using Custom Contact Forms plugin by Taylor Lovett, even when gender (male/female) is selected.

3. 9 years, 1 day ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks :) Next step, same test, all other plugins off, and this time, switch to Twenty Fifteen theme. Re-test.

If no change, then test with Twenty Fifteen and all SiteOrigin plugins off. So to confirm, final test is with just a default WP theme and this contact form plugin.

Our goal, to isolate where the issue is happening.

4. 8 years, 11 months ago jaswong83

Thanks for your reply. Tried all other plugins off, Twenty Fifteen Disqus Comments Style theme plugin on – couldn’t work, no change to problem.

All plugins off, just with default WP theme, the Custom Contact Form didn’t work also. :(

5. 8 years, 11 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

All plugins off, just with default WP theme, the Custom Contact Form didn’t work also.

Unfortunately, this points to an issue with the form plugin itself. You could try reaching out to plugin support or perhaps try another plugin.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More