Home>Support>CSS changes

CSS changes

Can I change the lettering color and height on my Home Page? The page header name and letters under products for sale. I followed your tutorial video and the written instructions below and really does not look that complicated. When I type it into Custom CSS and hit Save it puts the change in the right corner box of CSS Revisions, but no changes appear. Is there something that I may not be doing? I have the Premium Vantage Theme!

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 10 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Greg

Please can you confirm your url and we’ll take a look. I’m sure we can write this change up for you.

2. 9 years, 10 months ago Greg Kazz Kasse

I was making a mistake and got part of the changes to work. I still have a problem of the size to the text flowing through my shop page and description page. I am using Vantage theme with WP and Woocommerce. It is the Woo shop page that I am using for my home page. I will get back to you after some more tries on my end.

Is it easier to make changes in a Child Theme?

I am so happy with the Vantage Theme! I was able to make the adjustments to my style.

Thank you again Greg

3. 9 years, 10 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Glad to hear you’ve made progress here!

A child theme is only required if you’re going to make changes to files at a code level or if you need to introduce new functions to the functions.php file. If that’s not required then Custom CSS is the way to go:

https://siteorigin.com/basics/modifying-theme-design-with-custom-css/

If you can confirm a link for the shop page etc. I can help with the size of that text.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More