Home>Support>Continue Reading Link 2.2.3 Not showing up

Continue Reading Link 2.2.3 Not showing up

I installed the new premium theme 2.2.3 and from what I have read there is a “continue reading” hyper link for blog post excerpts. I have switched to the excerpt setting for the blog in the theme settings and I still receive […] and the end of the excerpt and is not a link. I have tried switching it back and forth and I get the full article but when switched back to excerpt is goes back to […] My understanding is that this continue link just shows up with this version.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 10 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Mark

Thanks for your support.

Everything you’re seeing is to be expected with Vantage. Under Theme Settings > Blog set post content to full content. Each post will then require a more tag to be inserted:

http://en.support.wordpress.com/splitting-content/more-tag/

There is unfortunately no continue reading link when using excerpts.

2. 9 years, 10 months ago Mark Mason

Andrew
    Sorry for the delayed reponse I was pulled off on to something else. I have not put any tags in my posts at all and all I did was change Appearance / Theme Settings / Blog (tab) / Post Content – set to Post Excerpt and I get the following on every post as long as the post is at least 280 characters.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Fusce pellentesque vehicula nisi non sollicitudin. Ut blandit, magna sed convallis accumsan, lorem felis iaculis risus, quis ornare lorem tortor sed dui. Donec a metus dapibus, faucibus arcu sit amet, pharetra arcu. … Continue reading →

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More