Home>Support>Compatibility with WP pre 5.0?
  1. 5 years, 10 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Perfectly,

We understand that users may be stuck on older versions of WordPress for a time so we won’t intentionally be making changes that break compatibility with older versions of WordPress.

With that said, it’s recommended you update to WordPress 5.0 regardless of whether you plan on using Gutenberg or not as prior versions of WordPress are unlikely to be officially supported by WordPress. Upon upgrading to WordPress 5.0, if you would rather not use Gutenberg, you can simply install the Classic Editor plugin. This will allow you to continue to use the classic editor and not use Gutenberg.

2. 5 years, 10 months ago Multi Services Co-op

I’m looking at ClassicPress which is planning on becoming more focused on business applications, so I won’t be going to WP 5.0. I just wanted to know if you are going to continue supporting WordPress pre 5.0.
    Thanks

3. 5 years, 10 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Perfectly,

For the foreseeable future, yes, we will be supporting WordPress 4.9.8.
    Please note that its possible ClassicPress may introduce a change in the future may break compatibility.

4. 5 years, 10 months ago Multi Services Co-op

Yes, I am aware they do have plans to make some changes down the road.
    Thanks again.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More