Home>Support>Compatibility with Revolution Slider Using Internet Explorer 11

Compatibility with Revolution Slider Using Internet Explorer 11

My Revolution Sliders work great with all browsers except Internet Explorer 11. It is definitely a Page Builder issue, as I have made a page without Page Builder, and that Revolution Slider works fine in IE. As soon as I put it into any Page Builder widget (have tried Editor, HTML, plain text widgets), the slider gives an “oops” message. I have also done a plugin check and there are no other plugin compatibility problems. Using Vantage Premium theme. Has this happened to anyone else and is there any fix? Thanks.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 4 years, 10 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Picolat,

I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble using Revolution Slider inside of SiteOrigin Page Builder. Can you please link me to a non-Page BUilder powered page and a Page Builder powered page? This will allow me to run some tests and hopefully work out what’s going wrong.

2. 4 years, 10 months ago picolat

Thanks for responding! Here are some links for you to test:

This page has a slider within Page Builder:
    http://audience-av.com/testsliderpb/

This page has a slider with no page builder:
    http://audience-av.com/testslider/

This page I uploaded just the html of the homepage slider, and it works as just a stand alone html page (although not styled of course):
    http://audience-av.com/wp-content/uploads/html/slider/slider.html

3. 4 years, 10 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Picolat,

I’ve inspected both the non-PB and PB pages in IE 11 and Slider Revolution works on neither page for me. Does either page work in IE 11 on a different computer?

I’ve had a look over the Slider Revolution changes and it appears they’ve just recently resolved an IE 11 issue that broke compatibility. I recommend reaching out to them to see if there are any other known IE 11 related issues.

4. 4 years, 10 months ago picolat

It seems they do not work for me in IE either. I swear it worked before on the non-Page Builder page! I have an open support ticket to them but unfortunately they have stopped corresponding with me x2 days, which is unfortunate for me. If I can’t figure it out, I’m going to have to re-do 28 sliders with another plugin! Can you possibly direct me to the page where you saw the IE 11 issue that broke compatibility? Thanks for your help.

5. 4 years, 10 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Picolat,

I saw reference to IE 11 in the changelog. IE 11 received fixes in version 6.1.3 and 6.1.2.

If you’re looking for alternatives, I recommend considering out Smart Slider 3.

6. 4 years, 10 months ago picolat

Hi Alex, I have notified them that I am aware of the IE11 fixes now. That is funny that you should mention Smart Slider 3, because that’s the one I have picked out to replace my sliders if I have to go that way! Anyway I remember you from years ago and your help with the Vantage Theme. You have always been so helpful and I appreciate it.

7. 4 years, 10 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Picolat,

Thank you for your very kind words! :)
    I wish you the best of luck with getting a resolution.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More