Home>Support>Comments not appearing in post

Comments not appearing in post

HI…sorry to bring this up again, but I have the same problem as a previous contribitor. Using Vantage premium, I’ve acivated and customised “Read More”, allowed comments on the page, globally allowed comments in Settings and ensured under Quick Edit that comments are checked. Site is here http://www.wbaird.com/blog.

Any help would be appreciated.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 6 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Bill

If you navigate to Posts > My Test Post, click Screen Options top right and ensure Discussion is checked. Then scroll down to below the Visual editor and ensure the comment options are checked in the Discussion metabox.

2. 9 years, 6 months ago Bill Baird

Andrew, thanks for your prompt reply. I’m new to Wp but I’m getting there. I’ve done all the things that you’ve said in previous replies to this problem. I’ve activated and customised “Read More”, allowed comments on the page, globally allowed comments in Settings and ensured under Quick Edit that comments are checked. Site is here http://www.wbaird.com/blog.

I’m quite happy to give you access to the back end if that would be easier.

Bill

3. 9 years, 6 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks. For sure, send through a set of temporary login details to:

[email protected]

And I’ll jump in and take a look.

4. 9 years, 6 months ago Private Message - Carrbridge Golf Club

This is a private message.

5. 9 years, 6 months ago Bill Baird

Andrew, did you get the log in details I sent you?

6. 9 years, 6 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for the details.

Our response times should be back to normal once we hit the working week again. That url unfortunately doesn’t take me to a login page and there isn’t one available at /wp-login.php.

Perhaps you could take a look at that for me. Thanks.

7. 9 years, 6 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

I figured out the problem with the url, so all sorted there.

You’re hiding the comment area in your child theme stylesheet. Here is the selector being targeted:

#respond.comment-respond{display:none;}

See line 49.

Hope that helps.

8. 9 years, 6 months ago Bill Baird

Andrew……you are a star…..that fixed it…sorry to have been a pest

9. 9 years, 6 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Super, glad to hear that helped. No problem at all :)

All the best with your site.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More