Home>Support>Column behaviour changed in Pagebuilder update 2.6.6

Column behaviour changed in Pagebuilder update 2.6.6

I have been using Pagebuilder for a couple of years to make a multi-column layout on my site’s home page. I noticed that after installing update 2.6.6 the column behaviour has changed. Before the update, in a 3-column layout the columns would gracefully move when the browser window width was reduced such that column 3 would move beneath columns 1 & 2 (which remained side by side), and then as the browser window was reduced further all three columns would align vertically beneath one another. After the update, as the browser window width is reduced the columns move from being side by side to all being beneath one another. There is no longer an intermediate step. This means that it is no longer possible to display three columns side by side on a tablet in landscape mode. On a tablet in landscape mode all three columns are one under another with a large empty space to the right of them – a rather ugly looking layout.

After many frustrating days of testing to see if this was due to a theme or plug-in conflict, I set up a new, vanilla WordPress installation using the default 2017 theme. The only plug-ins are Site Origin Pagebuilder and Widgets bundle. The changed behaviour is apparent in that set up too. Why have you changed the column behaviour? Can you advise how I might get back the original (and in my view, correct) behaviour. I can give you links to pages that show the two different behaviours.

I have been very pleased with the plug-in up to now but this change renders it no longer useful to me.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 6 years, 4 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Nbwebman,

Unfortunately, the column collapse behavior you’re currently experiencing is how columns have been handled for a very long time. I’m unsure what was previously overriding our column collapse behavior so I can’t really assist with getting that back and for that, I’m sorry. I would take a look at any other plugins you recently updated to see if they had removed this functionality or at least, could have maybe added it.

I can, however, state that there is a tablet layout. You can enable this setting by navigating to WP AdminSettingsPage Builder. Open the Layout settings group and tick Use Tablet Layout and save. How does that look? This will add an intermediate step between desktop and layout but it’s not as gradual as what you’ve outlined and for that, I’m sorry.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More