Home>Support>Can’t resize Contact Form 7 fields using Pagebuilder in Vantage Theme

Can’t resize Contact Form 7 fields using Pagebuilder in Vantage Theme

Hello, I’m not able to resize the fields in contact form 7. I’m typing the column numbers as stated i.e. “60/” or “40/” within the brackets, but it’s not changing a thing. Please help

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 10 months ago Rick DuBreuil

Also I’m copying the contact form 7 code directly into the visual editor plugin.

2. 9 years, 10 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Rick

Can you send through a link and we’ll take a look.

3. 9 years, 10 months ago Rick DuBreuil

The site isn’t live yet, I’m just previewing, so I’m not sure if you’ll have access to it, but here it is

http://www.ariadnewealth.com/?page_id=222&preview=true&preview_id=222&preview_nonce=8e185e9397

Is this what you want?

4. 9 years, 10 months ago Rick DuBreuil

Also if it does help I was able to adjust the rows for a text area, but I can’t seem to change the columns to increase the field width.

5. 9 years, 10 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Unfortunately not, previews are limited to logged in users with access to the page.

I don’t see this functionality built into the default Contact Form 7 plugin. Are you adding the columns directly into the form builder at Contact. If so how?

6. 9 years, 10 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Here is one way I can see to to do this: http://www.wpsnippet.com/create-a-two-column-form-using-contact-form-7/. The CSS provided in that tutorial would go under Appearance > Custom CSS.

7. 9 years, 10 months ago Rick DuBreuil

I think using the word ‘columns’ made it confusing. (When talking about increasing the size of a text field contact form 7 uses (cols)x(rows) vernacular that I kept with) .

Anyways I’m just trying to increase the field width. In pagebuilder I have one row separated into 2 columns at 50% each. In the right column, my contact forms seems to be locked into half of the full width of the pagebuilder column. I want the field to be extended so that it is the full width of the column.

8. 9 years, 10 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for the info. Try the following under Appearance > Custom CSS and edit as required:

/* Contact Form 7 Field Lengths */

.wpcf7 input[type=text], .wpcf7 input[type=email], .wpcf7 input[type=password] {
    width: 80%;
    }

.wpcf7 textarea {
    width: 90%;
    }

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More