Home>Support>Can I have more than 10 columns in a pagebuilder row?

Can I have more than 10 columns in a pagebuilder row?

I use pagebuilder 2.4.4 and lastly I found it to be impossible to configure a row with more than 10 columns.
The only choosable numbers of columns in one row are 1 to 8 and 10.
Can’t set 9 columns or more than 10, why?
Nothing changed after reactivating the pagebuilder plugin.
Nothing changed after turning off every other plugins and setting default wordpress Twenty Fifteen theme.
I would need to build a row with 13 columns.
The oddest thing is that formely I could design 12 column layout (don’t remember if greater too) with pagebuilder and now I’m unable.
So, is it possible to have more than 10 columns?

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 8 years, 5 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Arveladze

Apologies for the delay. If you’re still experiencing this problem, please, check to see if you’re using the up/down arrows when changing the number or rows or if you’re typing the number in manually. If you’re typing it in you should be able to enter any number.

2. 8 years, 5 months ago arveladze

Hi Andrew,
    thanks for your response.

First of all, I meant I found it LATELY – not lastly – to be imposible to set a more than 10 columns row.

I should then also mention that I’m unable to put a greater than 10 number by typing it directly with a keyboard, neither by using arrows, as I knew that already.

I’m using Pagebuilder v2.4.6 now and the problem is actual. I can see no solution for the bug – inability to set exactly 9 colums or more than 10 columns in one row.

I would be happy to hear some advices.

Arveladze

3. 8 years, 5 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Apologies. I’ve just heard this is a limit we introduced after launching the new Live Editor. More than 10 columns was causing severe layout challenges in the Live Editor. The team is looking at a better way of resolving the problem and will include a fix in a Page Builder update as soon as they’ve found one. Apologies again for the hassle.

4. 7 years, 1 month ago arveladze

Hello!
    Good news is that since the last reply (it’s been more than a year ago) the ability to create 12 column row has appeared, great!
    But the bad news is that now I need at least 14 of them and the limit is exactly 12 d'oh!

I should then ask for at least 14 columns but didn’t predict there will be Sundays. I need such many columns for the timetable I’m designing. It consists of seven days of a week (data column), where each one stands together with accompanying column for displaying hours. Last year I used 6 days, now the 7th day joined.

Do You think the 12 colummn for a row limit is forever? Please, at least give me a hope!
    And don’t feel embarrassed, please.

5. 7 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi :) I think finding a workaround would be better. Have you considered using one column and inserting a table in that column?

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More