Home>Support>Bug in Headline Widget – bundle version 1.6

Bug in Headline Widget – bundle version 1.6

Hi,

I’ve just updated my widgets bundle from 1.5.11 to 1.6. All was well with the old version but the headline widget in 1.6 seems to be acting up. Basically, the text will not centre in the widget and defaults to the left. It also refuses to budge even when custom css is used. At the moment I have to stick with the old version, otherwise the site is completely messed up.

Any thoughts please?

Im using WordPress 4.5.3 – Graviton theme

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 8 years, 3 months ago Greg Priday
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Fonefixer,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue. I’ll look into this and let you know what I find.

2. 8 years, 3 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Fonefixer,

I’m unable to replicate this. :(

Would it be possible for you to temporarily update to the latest version so we can inspect the output?

3. 8 years, 3 months ago Fonefixer

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your prompt replies. Ive done as asked on my local installation and output the file here https://u.teknik.io/M1aDa.json

Temporarily to keep the site looking ok i changed the headline widgets to the editor widget and it works fine.

4. 8 years, 3 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Fonefixer,

Thank you for the layout. I’ve been able to see the issue you’ve described. We’ll run a few tests and hopefully be able to resolve this issue.

5. 8 years, 3 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Fonefixer,

I’ve made a minor adjustment to your layout that will resolve this issue until a proper fix is released. You can download the adjusted layout here. To upload this layout open up the page with the previously exported layout, and click prebuilt. Then click import / export and then upload this layout. Please replace current.

6. 8 years, 3 months ago Fonefixer

Hi Alex,

Thanks again for your prompt response. Ill leave the public site as it is for the moment, as every page had headline widgets on them as I wannt to test it locally first. Could you please advise if I am able to use yhour revised layout to replace every one of the widgets on the site or just the one specified?

Thanks again.

7. 8 years, 3 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Fonefixer,

The issue itself relates to very specific settings you had. It’s not exactly something that makes sense but basically the headline and causes issues with the sub headline if they share too many settings (and the sub headline is blank). It’s a very specific setting requirement which is likely to only occur once your website.

To resolve this for a widget, until a proper fix is out, all you would need to do is make minor adjustments to the headline itself.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More