Home>Support>Background Image

Background Image

By Felipe Behrens, 9 years ago. Last reply by Andrew Misplon, 9 years ago.

Hi There. I signed up for vantage premium, and I was trying to figure out how to set a different background image for every page. Your customization menu for the vantage theme has an option to upload a background image, however, when I upload the image, it sets all the pages with the same background. Does anyone know how to fix that? Also, I tried to download some background image plug ins, but none of them seem to work with Vantage any reason for that?

Thanks.

PS, I gave you guys $50 for the theme because I really liked it. but now we have to make it work. :-)

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 6 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Felipe

So sorry for the delay here. Your super generous payment puts you at the top of our forum list and also pings us when you post. We just got a little snowed under today being Monday. Thanks for the wait.

There are two possible solutions, one would be to use Custom CSS to assign a new background image per post/page. This is not very hard but can be time consuming. The best solution would be a plugin based one. Vantage doesn’t offer this functionality natively, so a plugin can help fill the gap.

If you currently have your layout set to boxed then this plugin is perfect for managing backgrounds on a page by page basis:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/custom-background-extended/

2. 9 years, 6 months ago Felipe Behrens

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the quick reply. I’m going to need some help because I am new to word press, so you’re probably going to have to guide me step by step.

I have downloaded and activated the plug you suggested, but I don’t see it anywhere in the edit page window. also, I’m not sure what the layout of the page is. Currently, Under Template, I have it set to “Full Width Page, No Title”. there is no option for “boxed” layout.

can you tell me the steps I need to do to make it work? Thanks

Felipe

3. 9 years, 6 months ago Felipe Behrens

Hi Again Andrew.

I found the “Boxed” setting for the layout under theme setting. That seems to have enabled the “custom background” option in the edit page window. I have uploaded an image hit the update button and refreshed the page, but it didn’t do anything. Does the image need to be a specific file type? Currently I’m using Jpeg

thanks

4. 9 years, 6 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Super, glad to hear you made progress there. That’s all that should be needed to get up and running here. If you’re running a caching plugin perhaps try clearing the plugin’s cache.

If you have no luck resolving, please send through a link to your site. Thanks. If you need to do that privately you can send to: [email protected].

5. 9 years, 6 months ago Felipe Behrens

Hi Andrew.

I don’t believe I have any cachings plugins.

How do I send a through link to my site?

thanks

6. 9 years, 6 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

You can paste it into the regular reply form below, then in the far right click the Private Reply checkbox, only yourself and SiteOrigin will be able to see it. Thanks.

7. 9 years, 6 months ago Private Message - Felipe Behrens

This is a private message.

8. 9 years, 6 months ago Private Message - Andrew Misplon Hi, I Work Here

This is a private message.

9. 9 years, 6 months ago Felipe Behrens

yes. it is http://www.felipebehrensadventures.com/

I think it was missing the n in adventures. sorry.

10. 9 years, 6 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Ok, so I can see a background image here so far:

http://www.felipebehrensadventures.com/about-me/

How this works is you can add a global background image under Appearance > Background and then the plugin will provide an option to upload a custom background image for the page concerned.

11. 9 years, 6 months ago Felipe Behrens

I don’t see the option to specify which page you want. when you do it, it does it for every page which is not what I want. how do you specify which page it is for? there doesn’t seem to be anywhere to do that.

12. 9 years, 6 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

To confirm, have you installed Custom Backgrounds Extended?

https://wordpress.org/plugins/custom-background-extended

If so, you’ll now have two ways to manage your background image:

1. Under Appearance there is a background image option. That’s for your entire site.

2. On each post or page, in the right column is another option, just for that post/page. The plugin screenshots are here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/custom-background-extended/screenshots/. You’ll see the right column option there in those screenshots. Hopefully that helps.

Let me know how you come along. Thanks :)

13. 9 years, 6 months ago Felipe Behrens

Hi Andrew.

It looks like we made progress. but for some reason there is a small piece of white left below the drop down menus on the about me page. Do you have any idea how to fix that?

http://www.felipebehrensadventures.com/about-me/

thanks

14. 9 years, 6 months ago Felipe Behrens

Hi Andrew

I tried to color that portion in the same color as the menu background. but that just colors all pages. is there a way I can get someone on the phone? This seems like it would be something really simple to fix, but its just being a huge source of frustration. I would like to get it fixed.

Also. is there a way to get rid of the comment box and post comment button at the bottom of every page?

15. 9 years, 6 months ago Felipe Behrens

Also, is there a way to make the background of the row to be transparent? I find that I have to post the background image in in every row, otherwise it just looks like I have a white box.

thanks.

16. 9 years, 6 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Try the following under Appearance > Custom CSS:

#main {
      background-color: transparent !important;
    }

Here is how to remove comments:
    https://siteorigin.com/basics/disable-wordpress-comments/

17. 9 years, 6 months ago Felipe Behrens

OK. That’s what we needed to fix the page! It works now! Thanks Andrew! I would suggest making that a standard feature on the next vantage theme update.

One more question. do you know how to get rid of the spacing between rows?

thanks.

18. 9 years, 6 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Super, glad to hear you’re making progress. Thanks for the feedback.

Try editing a row by clicking the wrench icon on the right, Edit Row, then click the Theme tab and enable the No Bottom Margin setting.

Let us know how that goes.

19. 9 years, 6 months ago Felipe Behrens

Ah. Ok. thanks. Do you also know how to change the thickness of the mast head? I would like to make mine a little narrower

20. 9 years, 6 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Sure, you can find that setting under Appearance > Customize > General > Header Padding.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More