Home>Support>Anchor links bug, on plain text and So Text editor widget

Anchor links bug, on plain text and So Text editor widget

I recently noticed that my anchor links, which were are all set to open in a new tab have been removed.

When I go to look at the problem, I find the Check removed. It’s happening on both blog post in WP plain text editor, as well on pages with Siteorigin Text Editor.

I’m assuming the problem is not related to PB widget plugin. Otherwise, it wouldn’t happen on WP plain text editor too.

Maybe caused by latest WP updates I believe, because this is, in fact, happened just recently, never had such bug before.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

  1. 6 years, 10 months ago Andrea Del Riva

    Forgot to mention, sometimes the tab to fill the “link title” don0t show up.

    And here the link of the site affected

  2. 6 years, 10 months ago Andrea Del Riva

    While awaiting the reply, I went to look on some page I recently updated as this one

    Just as above, for some unknown reasons the tags target=”_blank” have been removed from anchor links.
    What I also noticed, is that PB buttons are not affected by this bug, just hypertext links.

  3. 6 years, 10 months ago Andrea Del Riva

    Btw, I can’t find edit post button on forum, so I’m forced to add a new one.
    This is instead a blog post edited 2 weeks ago which is affected by same problem

  4. 6 years, 10 months ago Andrea Del Riva

    Found the origin of the problem.

    I’m currently using a proofreader / spellchecker software, and it open a new tab dragging the text to highlight the errors and add corrections. Once you apply the changes, this software removes the checks on “open into a new tab” the anchor links.

    For the record, in case someone have the same problem, the live editor is Grammarly.

  5. 6 years, 10 months ago Greg Priday Hi, I Work Here

    Hi Andrea

    I’ve actually had problems with the Grammarly plugin too. It seems to modify some HTML elements and add its own styling which breaks a few admin interfaces. I’ve since stopped using it for this very reason.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More