Home>Support>All widgets gone after update to 4.5.2

All widgets gone after update to 4.5.2

Hi,
I got the following problems after updating to 4.5.2 ; Theme: Oria.

All widgeds are gone and all lines and nice arrangements done with Page Builder by SiteOrigin as well. Really messed up my site.

I already diabled all other plugins to check whether there might be some problems in the interaction with the page builder. But nothing changed.

Additionally, the charset changed somehow from UTF8 to something else…there seems to be a contradiction between the wp basic settings and the settings of Page Builder by SiteOrigin. Even after I deleted in the wp-config.php the charset,

define(‚DB_CHARSET‘, ‚utf8‘);

and filled in

define(‚DB_CHARSET‘, “);

some question marks in lozenges remain.

Those signs appear quite often on my site now, I guess especially when a formatting feature I arranged with the Page Builder is somehow missing.

Would be great If you had a solution for the problem! Cause if not, I would have to set up all posts of my site again. Thanks a lot!

Kind regards

Tom

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 8 years, 4 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Thomas,

Do you have a public URL where we can take a look at what’s going on? If you need to keep this URL private from other users, just select “Private Reply” on the bottom right of the comment box.

2. 8 years, 4 months ago Thomas Erich Jakob

Hi Alex,
    thanks for your reply,
    shure, it is a German site:
    http://www.druiden-magazin.de

The questions marks appear when I formatted with   – I think this problem is fixed quickly.
    The other problem causes more headache:
    Before the update, all posts on the site were arranged in several lines with two columns: one for text, one for pictures. Now they simply are set one below the other. And the size of the pictures was modified before, now they appear in original sizes. And button widgets are not displayed.

I already disabled all other plugins, …changed the theme…same thing.

Thanks & kind regards
    Thomas

3. 8 years, 4 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Thoma,

So your best course of action would be to revert to a backup of your website and then update after you’ve run extensive tests to ensure all of your plugins and theme is compatible with 4.5.2.

I don’t think I’ll really be able to help you with this one as this looks to be a failed update more than anything. I’m sorry I couldn’t be of more help. :(

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More