Home>Support>Alignment of footer widgets

Alignment of footer widgets

I see a number of people are having problems with this. I have three widgets in my footer, 2 visual editors and one vantage social media widget. At one point I had them aligned across the footer, left, center and right, and that was fine for a while, but now when I log in, the spacing is messed up. They will not center and they are at different heights vertically. I thought the vantage footer would automatically put the widgets into equal rows across, but that does not seem to be the case. Not sure what happened but I am hoping someone may be able to help me out here. Hosting locally at the moment.

Thanks!

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 2 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Dbvantage

Do you have a public URL where we can take a look at what’s going on? If you need to keep this URL private from other users, just select “Private Reply” on the bottom right of the comment box.

2. 9 years, 2 months ago dbvantage

Hi, I am hosting the site locally on my computer right now, there is not a public URL for it yet…

Is there another way that you can look at it?

3. 9 years, 2 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Unfortunately not. The footer by default should split into as many columns as you have widgets. 3 widgets = 3 columns at 33.33% width each. It’s hard to say more without taking a look and inspecting the source code. One option would be to leave this, finish the site, go live, use WP Maintenance Mode plugin, put the site in maintenance mode and then send us a set of login details so we can take a look.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More