Home>Support>After Wordpres 5.5 update the page builder does not work anymore

After Wordpres 5.5 update the page builder does not work anymore

Hi,

We just launched an website for a client but the page builder does not work anymore.
Before WordPress 5.5 there where no problems but now the builder does not load.

All the SiteOrgin widget codes show up in the regular WordPress editor.
This is quite a big problem because the website needs regular updates.

Is there a fix for this problem?
I checked conflicts with other plugin’s but there seem to be none.

Version: WordPress 5.5
Theme: Recycle 1.9.1

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 4 years, 12 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Martijn

Thanks for reaching out.

Try to establish a working baseline. Does the issue resolve if you temporarily switch to the Twenty Twenty theme and temporarily deactivate all non-SiteOrigin plugins at the same time?

2. 4 years, 12 days ago Martijn

Hi Andrew,

In a normal situation i would do this, however this is website is used in a big Facebook Ads campaign.
    Everything was fine yesterday but now the whole Page Builder does not work anymore.

I disabled al the plugin’s which i think can have an impact on the builder.
    Switching to a default theme is just not an option in a active installation like this.

The problems started happening after the update to WordPress 5.5

In the developers tools i got three Javascript errors on the “edit page” page;

Uncaught SyntaxError: Invalid or unexpected token
    Uncaught TypeError: E(...).wpList is not a function
    wp-auth-check.min.js?ver=5.5.1:2 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'hasClass' of undefined
  3. 4 years, 11 days ago Martijn

Hi,

In a tricky move i downgraded WordPress and the Page Builder works again.
    The problem must have something to do with WordPress 5.5…

4. 4 years, 11 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Martijn

Thanks for your feedback

Page Builder works with WordPress 5.5. If another plugin or the theme is producing errors on the page, it’ll prevent other plugins, like Page Builder, from functioning normally. The console errors will provide a file path on the right, you can hover over the path to see the file location. If we can assist with troubleshooting in the future, please, let us know.

5. 4 years, 11 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

If your hosts offer the ability to clone your site into a staging site, that would be an option for troubleshooting. Alternatively, you could copy the site using Duplicator or https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-wp-migration/ and then set up an instance on your local computer using WAMP or MAMP if you have a bit of a technical background. Either option would let you troubleshoot safely, away from the main site.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More