Home>Support>Accidental Fix to Page Builder 2.5.6 alignment issue in Firefox

Accidental Fix to Page Builder 2.5.6 alignment issue in Firefox

Hey Greg,

Like other users I’ve had an issue with Firefox when updating Page Builder to Version 2.5.6 but, accidentlally, I’ve found a fix. I’m not a whiz at PHP, so perhaps this may help you solve this issue.

Here’s what happened:

I installed the Geo My WP plugin in a site I’m building as a business direction and then installed a snippet of code that hooks the location of a visitor to the address data in fields attached to a given post and then calculates the distance to that address. (This snippet was available on the Geo My WP website.) When testing it, I noticed that it corrected the misalignment of certain Page Builder pages in Firefox:

Here’s the URL with the code:

http://docs.geomywp.com/wordpress-main-search-geo-my-wp-integration/

I don’t mean to make more work for you and I hope it helps.

Fred

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 7 years, 3 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Fred,

This may sound odd, but can you please clarify what FireFox alignment issue you’re referring too?

2. 7 years, 3 months ago Peretz Cohn

Hi Alex,

Hmmm. Well, I noticed that when I updated Pagebuilder to v 2.5.6 an entire page on my site where I use the Inked Tabs widget (and admittedly I am doing some intense CSS on this) was shifted display as very narrow column and squeezed all the way to the right side of the Firefox browser. (Safari and Chrome were not affected.)

So I did some trouble-shooting, and finally, searching in the SiteOrigin support forums, saw a note that reported something similar and that it was best to rollback to PB 2.4.25 which I did and which corrected the issue.

Anyway, as I stated earlier, this patch to functions.php in my child theme seemed to fix it.

Hope that makes sense.

Fred

3. 7 years, 3 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Fred,

It sounds like you experienced an issue associated with being unable to load the SiteOrigin Page Builder widget/column CSS (front-flex.css). This issue is typically resolved by clearing your WordPress and browser cache. What happens if you temporarily remove the PHP you added to resolve this issue?

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More