Home>Support>502 bad gateway nginx

502 bad gateway nginx

502 bad gateway nginx
[error] 26845#0: *1367804 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 85.18.241.194, server: axiositalia.it, request: “GET /wp-content/uploads/siteorigin-widgets/sow-button-atom-4a75a8acc3b6.css?ver=5.0.3 HTTP/1.1”,

For some time I have this error, the website goes KO.
It generates about 20 errors per minute that lead to the KO site, each time it is forced to regenerate the ngix files and clear the cache.
what causes this

Thanks in advance

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 5 years, 8 months ago Alfredo Milone

s

2. 5 years, 8 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Alfredo,

Do you have any files in the wp-content/uploads/siteorigin-widgets directory? If so, are those files named in your error log? If not, I suspect your website has a caching system and it’s referencing old files that no longer exist – these files are recreated when you save a page with widgets that require CSS generation To resolve this issue, please clear your cache.

3. 5 years, 8 months ago Alfredo Milone

Thanks, I’ve set a clean up cache every 4 hours, I hope the problem no longer exists.

Thank you

4. 5 years, 8 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Alfredo,

Okay cool. Let me know how you go with this mate. Out of genuine interest, can you please clarify which caching system you’re using?

5. 5 years, 8 months ago Alfredo Milone

I’m using “WP Fastest Cache”; do you recommend something better?

6. 5 years, 8 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Alfredo,

Thanks. That plugin should be fine. If you haven’t already, consider enabling the Minify CSS functionality in that plugin because that should, even if this issue (the cache not clearing) does occur, avoid this issue as it will retain a copy of the CSS in the minified file and won’t reference the any longer existent stylesheets.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More