Home>Support>403 Forbidden Error

403 Forbidden Error

Hi,

I have been getting a 403 error when trying to update or preview my WordPress site front page on built with Page Builder. All other pages/posts are fine. When I switch off/deactivate the Page Builder Plugin and revert to Gutenberg/block editing, I no longer get the error, but my Page builder content shows up as shortcodes within the block editing interface and I can also not edit it.

At the moment the only fixes to being able to edit the site is:
1) Deactivate PB and tediously manually transition each page built in PB over to Gutenberg – I can’t see any quick way to migrate?
2) Wait for an update from yourselves that fixes the incompatibility?
3) Something else that I am unaware of?

Cheers,
Jess

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 4 years, 10 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Jess

Please, try temporarily deactivating all plugins not authored by SiteOrigin, does the issue persist in this state? If so, try reaching out to your hosts, explain the situation and ask them to check the ModSecurity logs for your site. If a false positive is being triggered they can hopefully, lend a hand.

2. 4 years, 10 months ago Jess Li

Hi Andrew,

I deactivated all plugins and the issue resolved. Once I re-activated Page builder (as the only plugin or with the other plugins also activated), the 403 error returned when trying to publish or preview the home page. Please advise if this is a known error with PB and if there is a fix coming?

3. 4 years, 10 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Jess

Thanks for your feedback.

Please, reach out to your hosts, explain the issue and kindly ask them to check the ModSecurity logs for your site. It’s possible a false positive is being produced if that’s the case your hosting company can hopefully help by overriding the false positive.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More