Home>Support>3 column menu bar/header

3 column menu bar/header

Hi all,

I’m brand new at website creation. Please ask for clarification if what I’m saying is unclear.

I’m looking to create a page where the first row (menu or header) has 3 columns logo in the left column, menu items left justified in the center column, and login, register or settings on the right.

Any help is appreciated

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 8 years, 11 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Richard

Thanks for reaching out.

The Vantage header has the logo positioned on the left by default, this can be changed in the Customizer if you’d like. On the right is a header text area, header text can be added from Appearance > Theme Settings > Logo. You can also replace the header text with widgets of your choosing. You can add widgets from Appearance > Widgets > Header, including a Custom Menu widget if you want a menu to the right of your logo.

The main menu is positioned below the main header area.

Hopefully you can make use of the available options to get a result close to what you’re looking for. The header widget area will be helpful.

2. 8 years, 11 months ago richardmbright

Thank you for the tips Andrew,

Your advice has helped me with a work around for now. I look forward to seeing how the results translate when I use responsive features.

Do you know how I can underline the menu bar? I want my page and menu to be the same color but I’d like to separate them with a line.

Also, do you know if I can make the slider fill the full width of the screen?

3. 8 years, 11 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Sure :) You can set the slider to full width from Appearance > Theme Settings > Home Page, there is a full width setting there.

You can set a border for the navigation by inserting the following at Appearance > Custom CSS:

/* Menu */

.main-navigation {
        border-bottom: 1px solid #000000;
    }

4. 8 years, 11 months ago richardmbright

Wonderful. Thanks for all your help,

Obviously I’m a complete novice at this. In regards to the widgets in the header that you previously mentioned, is it possible to click a button and reveal a dropdown menu?

5. 8 years, 11 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

For sure :)

The pattern you’re looking for is often called an accordion. We, unfortunately, don’t have a widget like that in our Widgets Bundle just yet. You could look for a third-party plugin that adds an accordion widget.

If you have our SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle installed you can go to Plugins > SiteOrigin Widgets to see what’s available.

Appearance > Widgets will display core WordPress widgets, our SiteOrigin widgets and widgets available from any other plugins you might have installed.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More