Home>Support>2 SiteOrgin text boxes not loading

2 SiteOrgin text boxes not loading

I was in the process of trying to verify my website with Google, and instead of putting their meta tag in the header.php, I mistakenly put it in these two widget text boxes on my homepage. I now cannot access either box, how do I gain access to them again to remove the unwanted code? I have no issue being able to edit other widgets.

www.aerovault.info My website is also showing “page contents” in both of those text boxes on the homepage.

Thank you,

Kat

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 7 years, 5 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Kat,

What happens when you try and open those text boxes? An infinite loading animation? If so, could you please send me the contents of your console after trying to open them? Please refer to this guide on how to access your browser console.

2. 7 years, 5 months ago aerovault

Alex,

Yes it is an infinite loading animation. I think this is what you’re asking me for.

load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,quicktags,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-wid…:9 JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1

wp-seo-post-scraper-460.min.js:10 Error: unable to tokenize

at Object.end (wp-seo-post-scraper-460.min.js:6)

at j (wp-seo-post-scraper-460.min.js:16)

at p (wp-seo-post-scraper-460.min.js:16)

at c (wp-seo-post-scraper-460.min.js:6)

at d (wp-seo-post-scraper-460.min.js:4)

at d (wp-seo-post-scraper-460.min.js:6)

at d (wp-seo-post-scraper-460.min.js:5)

at b.exports (wp-seo-post-scraper-460.min.js:16)

at Object.b.exports [as countSentencesFromText] (wp-seo-post-scraper-460.min.js:11)

at K.getResearch (wp-seo-post-scraper-460.min.js:11)

d @ wp-seo-post-scraper-460.min.js:10

at Object.b.exports [as findTransitionWords] (wp-seo-post-scraper-460.min.js:13)

at Object.b.exports [as passiveVoice] (wp-seo-post-scraper-460.min.js:15)

at Object.b.exports [as getSentenceBeginnings] (wp-seo-post-scraper-460.min.js:15)

/aerovault.info/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?_panelsnonce=d0eaef40af Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)

Kat Renaud

3. 7 years, 5 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Aerovault,

This line:

/aerovault.info/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?_panelsnonce=d0eaef40af Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)

That’s why things aren’t loading. Can you try disabling all non-SiteOrigin plugins and see if this fixes the issue? You’ll need to clear all your caches after disabling your plugins.

If it does fix the issue, then try re-enabling your plugins one by one until the issue comes back. This procedure will help diagnose which plugin is causing the issue.

Once we know that, we’ll be able to look at what might be causing the conflict and either solve the problem or help you find an alternative plugin.

If you aren’t using a SiteOrigin theme, then you can also try temporarily switching to one of the default WordPress themes to see if the issue is theme related.

4. 7 years, 5 months ago aerovault

Alex,

I disabled all non-Site Orgin plugins, cleared my cache, and it’s still spinning, so I enabled the plugins again. I’m concerned about moving to a WordPress defult theme as our theme was made custom for us.

Kat Renaud

5. 7 years, 5 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Kat,

There’s very little risk to temporarily changing a theme but if you want to be safe I would recommend doing a backup prior to changing the theme. Worse comes to worse and you experience data loss as a result of changing them you can roll back to before you changed theme.

6. 7 years, 5 months ago aerovault

I really think this has more to do with the google html I entered in the boxes. You really think temporarily changing the theme should fix it in just those 2 specific widget boxes?

Kat Renaud

7. 7 years, 5 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Aerovault,

Wait. Google HTML? Can you please send me a Pastebin of what you added to those widgets?

8. 7 years, 5 months ago aerovault

I hope I did this correctly.

Kat Renaud

9. 7 years, 5 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Kat

Unfortunately, we’re unable to process attachments at this time. Can you please send me a link to a location where I can view the contents? Sorry about this!

10. 7 years, 5 months ago aerovault

<meta name="google-site-verification" content="O_r-JcnAADrwfQLS5Qxbt1XUKm8oJDRTMUXyWUu1B6U" />

<title> my title </title>

This is the tag I was suppose to put in my header php, but I put it in those boxes first to try it as I didn’t want to mess with code I’m not use to working with. It is now in my header php and in those 2 boxes that I cannot open. After I put this tag in the widget box, I saved it, and now cannot open it.

Kat Renaud

11. 7 years, 5 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Kat,

Your server may actually block that if they have really fussy security filters. I would recommend reaching out to your hosting provider and checking if this is the case (specifically, if they have any records of you being blocked recently – by mod_security for example).

I would recommend adding the GA verification code via Insert Headers and Footers and I would recommend using something like Yoast to help you alter the title rather than editing the header.php.

12. 7 years, 5 months ago aerovault

I downloaded the Yoast plugin last week and put the google html in the correct spot at that time as well. Thank you I’ll try contacting them!

Kat

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More