Home>Support>2 Parts of Page

2 Parts of Page

Hi Site Origin Team,

Thank you for the lovely page builder.

I’m making an eyewear website with Site Origin, and I was wondering if I can do just like this:

https://www.acnestudios.com/au/en/corduroy-shirt-mint-blue/BB0307-BNO.html?categid=man-new-arrivals

I’m currently trying to copy it but resulting similar but yet what I quite expected like this:

Ben

So basically I’m trying to divide the page into 2 parts, on the left are the pictures and on the right is the product description. What I want is for users to be able to scroll the page so that they can see the rest of the pictures on the left, but the product description on the right remains (stay the same) when being scrolled down.

Do you think you can help me with this one? your feedback will be appreciated.

Thank you very much.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 3 years, 11 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Seviroth

Thanks for reaching out.

You could perhaps try a plugin like https://wordpress.org/plugins/toast-stick-anything/. More on how the plugin works here https://www.toastplugins.co.uk/free/sticky-items/. You can add class names to Page Builder rows or widgets via the Attributes tab when editing the row or widget.

2. 3 years, 11 months ago Seviroth

Hi Andrew,

What a superb advice. works wonderfully! Thank you.

Although, this works only with Site Origin Editor, not with Site Origin Features and Site Origin Button.

While it is a successful method with Site Origin Editor by adding class ID #sticky via attributes (the one I made from the plugin), I have found no avail with Site Origin Features and Site Origin Button. (I think their attributes are CSS, so I’m adding .sticky) Am I making a wrong movie here?

Note: These 3 ( Site Origin Editor, Feature, Button) that I want to “stick” is in the same row.

Have a feeling I’m very close here, so any advice would be appreciated!

3. 3 years, 11 months ago Seviroth

Hi Andrew,

Just add a quick note here, it seems it is affecting my mobile page as well, as I don’t have any problems with the Mobile Version and does not want to use Sticky. Any Advice so it is only applicable on Desktop?

Sorry if my questions complicated. Many Thanks!

4. 3 years, 11 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for the update. In the Attributes ID or Class field, please, try removing the prefixing # or .
    Put another way, there shouldn’t be a prefixing hash or period when adding the class or ID name to the Attributes field. Does that help?

Looking at the plugin documentation it sounds like there should be a setting to turn off sticky for mobile:

This plugin has responsive options allowing you to control when the script should run on the site. We’ve kept this simple so you can choose to switch it off for smaller screen sizes.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More