Home>Support>2 issues after updating the plugin

2 issues after updating the plugin

Hi there, thanks for such a great plugin.
It has been working perfectly but suddenly two problems came up after updating the plugin a few weeks ago.
https://spean-kh.com1. width on PC is too wide to see some things (smart sliders work well but contact form 7 and icons are not displayed correctly) while it works on smartphone..

2. Logo showcase was working but is not now. I put the shortcode in siteorigin editor widget, but its not displayed.

Thanks for your help.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 6 years, 3 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Speankh,

1. You’ve set the row housing the contact form to full width stretched which is why this is happening. You can avoid this by either reverting the row layout or by applying row padding. Please open the Row housing the contact form and go over to the row styles sidebar. Open the Layout settings group and either set the Row Layout to Standard or add left and right padding – for example, 0 25 0 25 %

2. This appears to be a general issue with the Logo Slider plugin you’re using. I would reach out to the developers of that widget for assistance with this.

2. 6 years, 3 months ago speankh

Thank you Alex for your prompt help and now its been fixed!
    I have never checked the Row style sidebar.. Thanks again.

3. 6 years, 3 months ago speankh

Hi Alex
    I checked the shortcode of the Logo sliders again in the Siteorigin editor and it has no prob.
    However the page does not display the logo sliders.
    I put the same shortcode in a new page and it works. Can you show me how to solve this?
    Thanks!

4. 6 years, 3 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Speankh,

Can you please clarify what update you’re specifically referring too? Is it a SiteOrigin Widgets BUndle update? SiteOrigin Page Builder? What were you previously using?

If you create a basic Page Builder powered page and add the shortcode, does it work?

5. 6 years, 3 months ago speankh

I don’t remember which update,, but I was using SiteOrigin page builder.
    I added the shortcord in the builder but it still does not work even though it used to work.
    Thanks

6. 6 years, 3 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Speankh,

Do you have regularly update plugins? I ask as that will, hopefully, give me an idea of what version you were using.

Can you please clarify what logo plugin you’re using?

7. 6 years, 3 months ago speankh

Hi Alex

Yes I update whenever there is a notification.
    The logo plugin is called WP Logo Showcase Responsive Slider.

8. 6 years, 3 months ago speankh

Here is a test page that I made.It works here..
    https://spean-kh.com/test/

9. 6 years, 3 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Speankh,

It looks like the linked page is working without issue and the slider looks to be being added via Page Builder also. Hm. Oh, you’re using a text widget to add the slider on the home page. Can you please try using a SiteOrigin Editor widget on your home page instead of the text widget?

10. 6 years, 3 months ago speankh

Hi Alex

I used both SiteOrigin Editor and the text widget but none of them worked on the toppage (only toppage and english page). Still no idea how to figure this out..
    Thanks

11. 6 years, 3 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Speankh,

Thanks. That suggests something on your home page is causing issues with the logo slider. Please open the test page you linked in the editor and click the Layout button in the page builder toolbar. Select Clone: Pages, and find and clone your home page, then save. Does your page no longer work?

If not, that’s super odd – let me know and I’ll take a look at the duplicated page.

If it does break, okay cool – it’s definitely something in the contents of the page causing you issues. Please delete a widget one widget – any widget expect the widget used to add the logo slider then save. Does this issue remain? If so, delete another widget. Does it remain? If so, repeat the process. Keep repeating this until this issue stops and then please tell me what the removed widget was (and what is being added via that widget).

After finding the widget that allowed for the page slider to work once removed, please reclone the home page (replace the existing content). Remove the issue causing you issues and then save. Does this issue remain?

12. 6 years, 3 months ago speankh

Hi Alex

Problem solved! Thanks!!

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More