Home>Support>1.9.7 Update addsemailaddress in “From” field that I Don’T Want!

1.9.7 Update addsemailaddress in “From” field that I Don’T Want!

1.9.7 – 11 August 2017

This update inserted an email address in the from field that is making the inbound emails appear to come from me. THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED ASAP! I have many instances of different contact forms on my site.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 7 years, 1 month ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Tmctigue,

You can alter the from email address by opening the contact form and opening the settings group. After the From email address to the desired email address. To clarify, this change was done for anti-spam reasons.

2. 7 years, 1 month ago tmctigue

I want the “From” email to be from the sender(The person submitting the form). As it was. How do I do that?

3. 7 years, 1 month ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Tmctigue,

Unfortunately, this is no longer possible (this is what was causing people issues). If you reply to any of the emails from the contact form, you’ll reply to the correct person as we’ve set the email as the reply to email instead.

4. 7 years, 1 month ago tmctigue

I use the reCaptcha feature and have had no problems with spam. FYI. Thanks.

5. 7 years, 1 month ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Tmctigue,

To clarify, the anti-spam changes are to prevent mail servers from rejecting the email rather than preventing spam emails being sent to you. Does that make sense?

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More