Home>Support>WP 4.4 has messed Vantage theme settings page layout

WP 4.4 has messed Vantage theme settings page layout

Just like title says, the latest WP update has generated apparently some bugs on theme setting layout.

Basically all the internal navigation tabs to customise Vantage has desapperared. Now you see 1 single flat page, with scroll down all the settings.

As for now, this is the only problem i noticed.

I’ve also open a topic on WP support page. Here the shortcut https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wp-44-has-messed-theme-settings-layout?replies=1#post-7754266

Regards,

Andrea

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 8 years, 9 months ago Andrea Del Riva

Update

It seems to be a problem not related to Vantage only. I also found the same bug on 2012 Default Wp theme.

2. 8 years, 9 months ago Greg Priday
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for letting us know about this Andrea

Yeah, a few things changed with 4.4 that messed up how we were creating those tabs. At least all the settings work perfectly though. The page just isn’t all that visually appealing.

For our next update, we’re required by the WordPress theme directory to have all theme settings in the customizer, so we’ll make these changes as soon as possible. We have it just about ready to go.

3. 8 years, 9 months ago Dean2016

Obviously same issue here, although I’m not happy if you’re being forced to remove the theme settings options panel to use their customiser.. I find it incredible hard specially with the limited space when writing a long title/paragraph.

• 8 years, 9 months ago Greg Priday
      Hi, I Work Here

Hi Dean

Yeah, we’re not terribly happy about it either. We were quite proud of the simple settings panel we created, complete with the settings preview mode.

I’m sure in the long run though, a consistent settings interface for all themes will be great for users, so we’re not complaining.

• 8 years, 9 months ago Dean2016

Are you not allowed to offer that as an alternative?

4. 8 years, 9 months ago Andrea Del Riva

I personally don’t find the new customiser a bad idea. Besides Page builder live builder works same way, and is not bad at all.

The only issues is that sometimes when i do right click to open a new tab from WP sidebar, instead it open PB tabs.

Though, the new customiser it could be better maybe as bottom bar instead of sidebar. Why ? Because with a bottom bar you can have a full width live preview.

As last note, maybe for default or free theme which do not have many custom option WP customiser is good enough ( considering its actual layout ). On the other hand, on a premium upgradable theme and dedicated theme setting might be better. Just like for having a tour guide as Greg had set up on Vantage.

5. 8 years, 9 months ago Greg Priday
    Hi, I Work Here

We are lucky here in that it’s always been our focus to have most of the core functionality in our big 3 plugins (Page Builder, Widgets Bundle and SiteOrigin CSS), while keeping our themes the decoration that ties them all together. So changing to the customizer isn’t going to be too bad.

I’m actually quite excited for the challenge of bringing things like the theme setup tour functionality to the customizer.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More