Home>Support>WordPress V5.0 Changing Posts from Standard to PageBuilder??

WordPress V5.0 Changing Posts from Standard to PageBuilder??

By JLMohr, 5 years ago. Last reply by Alex S, 5 years ago.

Okay, so I’ve just updated one of my websites to WordPress V5.0 (and I so hate this new editor because I can’t find anything). By searching for assistance, I’ve found mention of the “Classic Editor” plugin, and have installed this, which means I can find things again, and have a working system again.

My question (and future proofing myself): is there a way to “change” between a “standard post” and a “Page Builder” under the new icky editor? I have templates set up with content that I frequently use, but sometimes, I don’t know that I’m wanting a “Page Builder” post until after the post is written. With the “Classic Editor”, I’m able to use the current method of clicking the button on the editor, but in the new editor, will there be any way to easily make that conversion, or will I need to make the decision at the time of post creation?

I’m asking because I noticed that support for the “Classic Editor” will eventually disappear (2021 if I read correctly). I’m just future proofing my site.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 5 years, 9 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi JLMohr,

is there a way to “change” between a “standard post” and a “Page Builder” under the new icky editor?

Unfortunately, no, not at this time. The release of WordPress 5.0 was moved ahead by over a month so our planned conversion tool is currently not available. This conversion tool should hopefully be available shortly.

For reference, you can use SiteOrigin Page Builder in the Block Editor by adding a Siterigin Layout Block to your page. The SiteOrigin Layout block is the full SiteOrigin Page Builder interface in block form.

We also have a dedicated block for the SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle called the SiteOrigin Widget block. This block will allow you to add any SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle widget to your page.

2. 5 years, 9 months ago JLMohr

Thanks for the information, Alex S.
    For the moment, the “Classic Editor” seems to be the ideal work around until SiteOrigin has released the new versions. I look forward to seeing what you guys come up in the future.

3. 5 years, 9 months ago Alex S
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi JLMohr,

Please note that the aforementioned conversion tool will be completely optional and you do not have to use it – there’s nothing forcing you to use the block editor unless you specifically want too.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More