Home>Support>WordPress 4.1.1 incompatibility with Vantage theme

WordPress 4.1.1 incompatibility with Vantage theme

Hello,

Please, I want to kindly ask you what is happening under the last release of wordpress (4.1.1) with Vantage?
My (custom-with-Vantage-widgets) mainpage got totally scrambled and part of it was wiped/reversed to blog state while there are major layout issues with other pages too.
I assume it’s a slight problem with Site Builder also. I tried to update to the last Vantage version,
but it’s even worse. Thank you.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 8 years, 8 months ago SiteOrigin
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Sorina

This sounds like it could be a plugin conflict issue. Can you try disabling all non-SiteOrigin plugins and see if this fixes the issue? You’ll need to clear all your caches after disabling your plugins.

If it does fix the issue, then try re-enabling your plugins one by one until the issue comes back. This procedure will help diagnose which plugin is causing the issue.

Once we know that, we’ll be able to look at what might be causing the conflict and either solve the problem or help you find an alternative plugin.

If you aren’t using a SiteOrigin theme, then you can also try temporarily switching to one of the default WordPress themes to see if the issue is theme related.

2. 8 years, 8 months ago ex-machina

Hello,

With all due respect, why does your reply sound so unprofessional? This is the support you are offering for
    a payed theme? Mea culpa, I should never have bought one!
    Of course I disabled first any other plugin, and the problem is directly from your theme, Vantage,
    as reported in my thread start. “If you aren’t using a SiteOrigin theme…”?, what means that?
    You are now diverting the attention from the problems of a theme you sell that is compatible UP to 4.1.1. as you write it yourself? What on Earth do you think I reported to you then, if not using one of your themes? After all the problems and frustration I encountered, you are mocking me as a client? Ah wait, there is an automated message, because only the payments you receive are individual, but the support: it is for the masses. Maybe it’s time for the masses to know.

3. 8 years, 8 months ago ex-machina

Instead of beating around the bush, guys, you should dive your hands into:
    Page Builder plugin (by SiteOrigin!) and Vantage Premium theme
    and do your homework. If my client’s website will get scrambled again at the next wordpress update (because now it’s rolled back, this is the only way it works), _I will do my homework by letting the world know the issue, with screenshots and everything. Tick tick.

4. 8 years, 8 months ago SiteOrigin
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Sorina

Thanks for your comments.

Plugin conflicts account for a large proportion of the problems our users face. Sorry, you didn’t find our reply professional. We’re always open to support feedback and will certainly take yours under consideration.

Let my try address a few of your comments one by one:

“If you aren’t using a SiteOrigin theme…”?, what means that?

This means that in the event that you aren’t using Vantage or another SiteOrigin theme you should switch over to testing with a default theme like Twenty Fifteen or Twenty Sixteen. This isn’t applicable to your case.

You are now diverting the attention from the problems of a theme you sell that is compatible UP to 4.1.1. as you write it yourself? What on Earth do you think I reported to you then, if not using one of your themes? After all the problems and frustration I encountered, you are mocking me as a client? Ah wait, there is an automated message, because only the payments you receive are individual, but the support: it is for the masses. Maybe it’s time for the masses to know.

Vantage is fully compatible with the latest version of WordPress: 4.4.1. I’m sure we can get to the bottom of the problem you’re facing. There was definitely no intention to mock you as a client. Our support team makes use of macro replies to assist our users quicker. Your reply wasn’t automated. I read your question, decided that a plugin conflict was the most likely cause and manually selected the plugin conflict macro. WordPress is complex and it can take us a few messages back and forth to figure out what the problem is.

because now it’s rolled back, this is the only way it works

Apologies for the problems you’ve faced. We don’t currently have any known upgrade issues with WordPress 4.4.1 and any of our plugins or themes. In order to properly diagnose the problem you faced we would need to see the issue live. If you’d like to replicate this site on a development server and then upgrade it again, we’d be happy to login and take a closer look at the problem. The combination of self-hosting, plugins and a constantly changing core, does make WordPress complex. We always get to the bottom of a problem, I’m sure we could in your case.

5. 8 years, 8 months ago ex-machina

You guys have big issues since long and you know it. Taking client phrases out of context like preachers do and replying with shameful nonsense, will harm your image even more for the future.
    Why haven’t you fixed your longtime issues with Page Builder, you have them since long and I am not the only one reporting them.

You “read your question, decided that a plugin conflict was the most likely cause and manually selected the plugin conflict macro” – guys, are you joking, is this for real what you call support? Not to mention the twice offensive tone of it,
    “you decide” that someone else’s plugin is the trouble, after my extended hours of stress and tests over that website (that resulted in everything remaining trashed only with and because of your theme Vantage and Page Builder, they are not working anymore with the 4.1.1. version of WordPress), easier, is it? After all that issue that is serious for a payed theme that was supposed _to work and _to be supported by you: ah, well, you chose a macro :)
    No, I won’t deface my client’s website as it is in production and neither I will achieve accounts on development servers and replicate it to you, you are supposed to have beta testers, you are taking your clients for fools already. We payed for jokes, so we are not supposed to work further for you testing your unfinished things. I announce you formally that if you don’t solve the Vantage and Page Builder issue in due time (until the new wordpress update), I will rebuild the website (and become a fool in the eyes of the client because of you), claim a refund for your premium “theme” that is currently not working and that is offered mockery instead of support, and last but not least: I will take care to review it properly to the world. For that, I will take my time, promise, because of its ethics. Tick tick!

6. 8 years, 8 months ago Greg Priday
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Sorina

Thanks for your constructive feedback. We will take it into account in the future. I’m sorry that you were offended by the tone of my team. I can assure you that no offence was meant. We’re trying to help you.

Would it be possible for you to tell me why you’re so upset though? The first reply wasn’t the only reply our team was planning on sending you. It was the first step in our diagnosis of the issue. Once we’re sure the issue isn’t related to a plugin conflict, then we can continue trying to figure out how we can help.

Unfortunately from your first message, we didn’t know that you’d already gone through the process of disabling all non-SiteOrigin plugins. If we’d known this, we wouldn’t have asked you to go through the process again.

I’m sorry you found this offensive. We’ll try learn from your feedback.

7. 8 years, 8 months ago ex-machina

How on Earth did you think I have tested my site, before reporting it to you? Just by ‘deciding by myself that this or that was the most likely cause”? I can’t afford this kind of behavior, only your team does!
    As about your obsessive concerns with trying to point to other plugins, probably next step is, as usual, throwing the garbage
    on Meta Slider. Which you included yourself in your theme.
    Why do you think I am upset? Besides being given stupid answers dubbed as “support” to a time and energy consuming-for-nothing
    website disaster for which I payed you? Greg, FYI, look for the definition of people unable to experience empathy. They are named how?
    As for the “professional” side (rolf), you should still remember what happens at the next wordpress release if the Vantage premium theme is still so lousy by then. I see that the time dedicated to code is embezzled in favor of giving lame replies on threads. Spare your time. Functions not words. Tick tick!

8. 8 years, 8 months ago ex-machina

Great “support” guys! Great “code”!
    SiteOrigin sent you a payment of $10.00 USD.

9. 8 years, 8 months ago ex-machina

I quote you: “The combination of self-hosting, plugins and a constantly changing core, does make WordPress complex. We always get to the bottom of a problem, I’m sure we could in your case.”
    Bluehost accounts as self-hosting? :)
    All these plugins at the “constant changing core”…poor guys. I haven’t open the thread for complaining about the WordPress complexity, but it seems you haven’t missed the opportunity to :) As if it wasn’t obvious from your late pangs. I think you reached your very own bottom with this type of reply.

10. 8 years, 8 months ago Greg Priday
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Sorina

I can fully understand why you’re so upset. That’s why I issued a full refund for the amount you paid as an apology. I’ll dedicate time to trying to recreate this issue.

Can you please provide me with the following. These are all so I can recreate the exact environment you’re using and hopefully find and fix the issue.

* Current PHP and MySQL Version (Bluehost should be able to provide you with this).
    * A full list of the plugins you’re currently using (you can just copy paste this from the WordPress admin plugins page).
    * Current version of Vantage you’re using.

We’re on the same team here. I want to make sure Page Builder and Vantage both work properly for you and everyone else.

11. 8 years, 8 months ago ex-machina

I am not your beta tester.
    If you read with more consideration the thread, you will see that I tried also with the last version of wordpress 4.4.1 and it didn’t work. And with your last premium vantage version over it, and it didn’t work. All the other plugins – disabled. And when the Metaslider is activated, the main page wiped it out.
    Stop having the “opensource” attitude vs people you perceive money from. And who are kind enough for you too use them as morons.
    Do your homework. What you do defines you.
    And stop wasting my time.

12. 8 years, 8 months ago Greg Priday
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for the information. I will be able to continue testing with that.

13. 8 years, 8 months ago ex-machina

Not the you are to dedicated to that, it seems that the time for playing bollywood in “presentation” videos is at the expense of code. When functionality should have been the real mirror.
    Page: SiteOrigin – Free WordPress Themes and Plugins.4

14. 8 years, 8 months ago ex-machina

screenshot

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More