Home>Support>Visual Editor Not Working with Page Builder

Visual Editor Not Working with Page Builder

When I write on the visual Editor on page builder then press done then press update I go look at my website and there is not text that appears then I find out that it has been cleared. I have Black Studio TinyMCE Widget
and Page Builder by SiteOrigin and it seems like its not working.
Please Help!!!

URL: http://www.coptichouse.ml

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Mina

This sounds like it could be a plugin conflict issue. Can you try disabling all non-SiteOrigin/Black Studio plugins and see if this fixes the issue? If it does fix the issue, then try re-enabling your plugins one by one until the issue comes back. This procedure will help diagnose which plugin is causing the issue.

Once we know that, we’ll be able to look at what might be causing the conflict and either solve the problem or help you find an alternative plugin.

2. 9 years, 1 month ago Mina Eskandar

Hi Andrew

I’ve disabled all non-SiteOrigin/Black Studio plugins, but there is still the same problem and I can’t solve it. So we now know that the rest of my plugins is not causing the problem.

3. 9 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

That’s it. Plugins not the issue. Test successful :)

Have you tried the SiteOrigin Editor widget? Same result?

4. 9 years, 1 month ago Mina Eskandar

I have the SiteOrigin Editor widget installed already, but I don’t think that has to do any thing with the problem I’m having.
    I’m hoping that you can find a solution to my problem as soon as possible.

5. 9 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

SiteOrigin Editor does the same job as Visual Editor so it’d be a super helpful check to see if it’s working. It’s also our widget so a little easier to support.

6. 9 years, 1 month ago Mina Eskandar

Actually I’ve been having the same problem with the widgets bundle too. Whenever I tried to add a button or image or even a google map it never works with me all of the siteorgin widgets don’t work with me.

7. 9 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Cool, thanks for the info.

1. Run all pending updates.
    2. Switch from Sydney to a default WP theme like Twenty Fifteen.
    3. De-activate all plugins except for SO Page Builder, Widgets Bundle and Black Studio.
    4. Re-test.

A default theme and all other plugins off is the best conflict test. We’re now including the theme in the test.

8. 9 years, 1 month ago Mina Eskandar

I’ve did everything you said, but nothing change i’m still having the same problem. I even tried to update my wordpress site manually and changing my theme but there is no diffrence.

9. 9 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Mina

Would it be possible for you to create a temporary admin account for us so we can log in and take a look? You can create the account with the following email address:

[email protected]

Just navigate to Users > Add New in your WordPress admin. Enter siteorigin for the username and [email protected] for the email address. Make sure you’ve selected Administrator for the role and enabled the “Send Password” field so we receive the details.

Once we’re finished taking a look, you can delete this account. We’ll let you know when to do that.

10. 9 years, 1 month ago Mina Eskandar

Hi Andrew

Did you get an email yet.

11. 9 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

They unfortunately didn’t arrive. Please post them directly here using the Private Reply checkbox bottom right. Thanks :)

12. 9 years, 1 month ago Private Message - Mina Eskandar

This is a private message.

13. 9 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks. Here is a test page using the Visual Editor:

http://coptichouse.ml/test-page-2/

Could you perhaps take a look and see if you can edit that. I can from my side.

14. 9 years, 1 month ago Mina Eskandar

I tried typing in something on the test page and i’m still having the same problem whenever I type something and update the page my text clears. I think it’s something with my account

15. 9 years, 1 month ago Mina Eskandar

Should I try logging into the siteorgin account and see if the same thing happens

16. 9 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Navigate to Users, click on your account and make sure the Visual Editor isn’t disabled.

17. 9 years, 1 month ago Mina Eskandar

Your right Andrew my Visual Editor was disabled and now my problem is solved. Thank you so much!!!!!

18. 9 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Winning :) Really glad to hear that helped.

All the best with your site.

19. 9 years, 1 month ago Mina Eskandar

Thanks!!!

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More