Home>Support>Visual Editor not working

Visual Editor not working

I have been reading the her posts on this forum and also need help. I have tried updating the plugins, I did the check/uncheck process on the disable visual editor, and i’m very afraid if I disable all the siteorigin plugins and TinyMCE plugins I will have to start over?

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Tlfletcher17

Sorry to hear about the hassle.

When you say the Visual Editor isn’t working, please, can you explain further?

2. 9 years, 1 month ago tlfletcher17

When I edit a page the visual editor screen comes up. There are 2 tabs. The first is Visual and the other is Text. The visual tab does not work. It did 3-4 days ago and pulling my hair out trying to figure it out. Bluehost washed their hands of it.

Under the Text tab I try to edit the HTML and then try to save it and it will not save it. It reverts back to the original.
    I have one site (this one) and another site SPORTZbizz that is running the same theme. They are running the same revisions in everything: TinyMCE 2.2.5 – page builder 2.1.4 – tinymce advanced 4.1.9 – siteorigin widget builder 1.4 -utimate siteorigin 2.2.1. Worpress at SPORTZbizz is running 3.7.1 and wordpress on indianatrailrunning.com is running 4.3. I even FTP’d all the core files/folders at 4.3 to se if that helped. It didn’t.

3. 9 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for the update.

It sounds like we’re talking about a general WordPress challenge, is that correct? The Visual and Text tabs don’t work with Page Builder. On any give post or page you need to choose between using the Visual/Text tabs OR Page Builder.

The first troubleshooting step I’d try is to check Users in WordPress. Locate your user account and ensure the Visual Editor hasn’t been disabled. It’s the first setting.

4. 9 years, 1 month ago tlfletcher17

Yes. That’s the first thing I tried and tried it several times. I guess my next is a roll back of everything.

5. 9 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Would it be possible for you to create a temporary admin account for us so we can log in and take a look? You can create the account with the following email address:

[email protected]

Just navigate to Users > Add New in your WordPress admin. Enter siteorigin for the username and [email protected] for the email address. Make sure you’ve selected Administrator for the role and enabled the “Send Password” field so we receive the details.

Once we’re finished taking a look, you can delete this account. We’ll let you know when to do that.

6. 9 years, 1 month ago Private Message - tlfletcher17

This is a private message.

7. 9 years, 1 month ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Sorry, nothing came through. Could you send manually using the Private Reply checkbox bottom right. Thanks :)

8. 9 years, 1 month ago Private Message - tlfletcher17

9. 9 years, 29 days ago Private Message - tlfletcher17

10. 9 years, 29 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

11. 9 years, 29 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks again. I can see several JavaScript errors on the go. Please, can you start out by running all the pending plugin updates at Dashboard > Updates and then run a quick re-test. Let me know how that goes.

Next step would be to run a plugin conflict test.

12. 9 years, 29 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

The Missing Widget warning for the Headline widget is almost always a plugin conflict. If the issues persist after running all plugin updates, please, run a plugin conflict test. Details to follow:

13. 9 years, 29 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

This sounds like it could be a plugin conflict issue. Can you try disabling all non-SiteOrigin plugins and see if this fixes the issue? If it does fix the issue, then try re-enabling your plugins one by one until the issue comes back. This procedure will help diagnose which plugin is causing the issue.

Once we know that, we’ll be able to look at what might be causing the conflict and either solve the problem or help you find an alternative plugin.

14. 9 years, 29 days ago tlfletcher17

Yes I updated the plugin but the same thing happened. I will do the rest of the what you ask for tomorrow morning. I also find it interesting that I can go into portfolio and posts and they come up with the tabs; visual, text, page builder.

Not sure if that’s a clue.

Also manually added a page in text. saved it. and tried going back into it and does the same thing. can’t see visual.

Thank you for your efforts.

15. 9 years, 29 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for handling all the plugin updates.

Let me know how the plugin test goes tomorrow.

16. 9 years, 29 days ago tlfletcher17

Thanks for helping Andrew. So I am using ‘the events calendar’ for my calendar and it uses pages so I deactivated all of the plugins for that. No luck. I then started deactivating the siteorigin stuff.
    ***** I edited the page – TEST in all this *****
    deactivate Siteorigin widgets bundle – still no luck.
    deactivate Siteorigin Ultimate addon – still no luck.
    deactivate Page Builder by siteorigin – BINGO it started working. – Kind of – – it shows the button titles but nothing else – better though –
    Activated Page Builder – Doesn’t work
    Deactivated again. – Really screwed ‘HOME’ page up when I tried editing or
    Activated it again. ‘HOME’ page looks good again but can’t use the tab ‘visual’.
    Tried looking at the site and stuff was missing.
    activated Siteorigin widgets bundle
    eactivated Siteorigin Ultimate addon

Everything works fine now but I just can’t make changes to a website that I am now 4 days behind.

So what i can say is that my sportzbizz.com website works fine with all the plugins, theme, and with wordpress version 3.7.1 the siteorigin stuff works and the visual tab works.

With wordpress 4.3 on indianatrailrunning it doesn’t. So what version did siteorigin page builder stop working properly? augh..

Does this help?

Maybe this will help others along the way or am i just the only lucky one?

Terry

17. 9 years, 29 days ago Private Message - tlfletcher17

18. 9 years, 29 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hey Terry

Thanks so much your feedback, much appreciated. Any chance we could move your site into maintenance mode for a few mins? We’ll use this plugin:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-maintenance-mode/

I’ll then do a quick run through the plugins. I’ll keep an eye on the JavaScript errors I mentioned earlier and hopefully get to the bottom of it all. I’ll be keeping your feedback in mind as I go. Let me know if we can do that.

19. 9 years, 29 days ago tlfletcher17

I can do that around 10:30 Indiana time. If that’s okay.

20. 9 years, 29 days ago tlfletcher17

Hey Andrew, I went ahead and placed the site in maintenance mode. I will be back around 10:30 to take it out.

Thanks for helping, Terry

21. 9 years, 29 days ago tlfletcher17

Any news?

22. 9 years, 28 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hey Terry

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I meant I’ll put the site into maintenance mode when taking a look. I’ll dive in now if that’s cool.

23. 9 years, 28 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Working the problem now.

24. 9 years, 28 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

When I de-activate all plugins except for Page Builder, Widgets Bundle and Black Studio the issue resolves. I can change tabs in Visual Editor widget between Text and Visual. Before I ran the test I couldn’t switch back from the Text to Visual tab. Now I just have to slowly re-activate plugins one by one, doing a test after each activation. That’ll let us know which one is the issue.

25. 9 years, 28 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

RocketBar by Jinx is causing an issue. Checking the rest.

26. 9 years, 28 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

It looks like just that plugin. The immediate symptom of not being able to switch between tabs in Visual Editor widget is gone as long as RocketBar by Jinx is de-activated.

I forgot to take note of which plugins you had de-activated. When you have a moment try run through the list and delete any plugins you don’t need. Each additional plugin puts a strain on your server resources.

27. 9 years, 28 days ago tlfletcher17

Will do. I wasnt using rocketbar. I think it was a recommendation for the event calendar. I will work on it late tonight.

28. 9 years, 28 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

For sure. Re-test the problem you were having and see if it’s gone. The initial problem I found is gone but I didn’t test deeper.

29. 9 years, 28 days ago tlfletcher17

Thank you Andrew, I took it out of maintenance mode and made the changed I needed to make and it worked. I will try getting rid of the plugins I am not using right now.

30. 9 years, 28 days ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

For sure :)

31. 8 years, 7 months ago Hinzy

I did a fresh WP install and only added the SWIFT theme and Page Builder by SiteOrigin.
    Visual Editor isn’t displayed on the page Add Widget.

32. 7 years, 10 months ago Toby963

Hi
    Sorry to jump in, but do you know if WordFence causes a conflict, I have exactly the same problem as described above

Toby963

• 7 years, 10 months ago Greg Priday
      Hi, I Work Here

Hi Toby963

We’d like to help you, but can you please start a new thread with your question? We can only offer you the best support possible when you’re the owner of a thread.

Page: New Thread

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More