Home>Support>Vantage theme – blog issues: 1. reply space is always gone and 2. polylang plugin makes everything disappear altogether

Vantage theme – blog issues: 1. reply space is always gone and 2. polylang plugin makes everything disappear altogether

Hi,

I’m trying to have a simple blog tab in my website. It’s therefore the only page where I have activated the “blog” option. The posts show up just right but with no reply space anywhere. Comments are activated too…

Also, when the polylang plugin is active, the posts disappear, all is gone.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

URL: http://santagad-cp510.wordpresstemporal.com/inicio-2/

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 9 years, 10 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Alfonso

When activated, comments will only appear on single posts, not on the archive/blog page. To have your posts display on a single page you can either set that Page Template to Blog OR set that as your posts page from Settings > Reading. To split your content up, thereby ensuring readers land on the single post page, try using the More tag: http://en.support.wordpress.com/splitting-content/more-tag/. For the more tag to work Appearance > Theme Settings > Blog: Post Content must be set to Full Content.

Polylang and Vantage should be working ok together. Please try the following to resolve your problem.

1. Run any pending updates at Dashboard > Updates.
    2. De-activate all plugins except for Page Builder (if you’re using it) and Polylang. If the problem is resolved then re-activate your plugins one by one, each time checking the problem.

2. 9 years, 9 months ago Alfonso Pérez-Andújar

Hi again Andrew many thanks for your reply. I have tried what you suggested and as long as I don’t activate polylang, the website runs fine. It’s when I activate polylang (be it just polylang, or polylang + page builder) that the problem starts. So all is fine until I activate polylang, with these results: the blog posts disappear and my galleries too (I have the carousel without jetpack plugin).

I’m already thinking about a multisite wp because I can’t find a solution via polylang..

I hope you can shed some light thanks.

3. 9 years, 9 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Is the issue with Polylang happening with all plugins de-activated except for Polylang? Can you please confirm you’ve run that test for me.

If Polylang + Vantage = problem. Then please test Twenty Thirteen theme with Polylang to confirm whether Vantage is causing the issue.

Thanks

4. 9 years, 9 months ago Alfonso Pérez-Andújar

Andrew thanks a lot for your answer.

Yes this is the case. Running Vantage, with just polylang, blog disappears and so do the picture galleries (I’m using carousel without jetpack).

I did try yesterday with Twenty Twelve and when deactivating everything, except polylang, or just polylang and site origin, then the exact same thing happens… I can try with twenty 13 if you want me too. Thanks again.

5. 9 years, 9 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Sorry this is taking so long. Thanks for hanging in there with us. So to confirm the problem still occurred with just:

Twenty Twelve
    +
    Polylang

?

6. 9 years, 9 months ago Alfonso Pérez-Andújar

No problem at all, yes, I’ve just tried right now again to be sure, 20 12 + polylang, only these two, and as soon as I activate polylang, half of the displayed menu disappears and the blog disappears too. I’ve notices that the galleries, with carousel without jetpack, don’t work altogether with this theme, it’s not polylang in this case, meaning that with 20 12, all deactivated except carousel gives no gallery in the website.

I can give you my credentials if you wish, just let me know, thank you for your help.

7. 9 years, 9 months ago Andrew Misplon
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for the update. The author of Polylang has been helpful in the past. Have you perhaps considered opening a ticket on their side? It sounds like this is happening for a reason we’ve yet to discover. I wouldn’t imagine the plugin with a very default theme should be causing any problems.

https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/polylang

8. 9 years, 9 months ago Alfonso Pérez-Andújar

Thanks Andrew, yes, I asked him a couple of days ago, although not very helpful yet. I will try again tomorrow with him, let’s see what happens. Is creating a multisite very difficult? Because I’d rather head for that at this point..

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More