Home>Support>Vantage Siteorigin PageBuilder Visual Editor Widget Styles Panel Download Fail WordPress 4.4

Vantage Siteorigin PageBuilder Visual Editor Widget Styles Panel Download Fail WordPress 4.4

Hi

got website with latest Vantage + Siteorigin PageBuilder the problem when I edit a row content the Visual Editor Widget Styles Panel does not appear with WordPress 4.4 only the circle download waiting icon is visible in the right panel.

Ive put a page on the site so you can see image of the editing pages with the missing panels.

As the only plugins are siteorigin – what is the problem?

Ive checked with my server supplier and they say all their end is in order.

Any help or advice to fix this would be appreciated

See example here http://sophieallendesigns.co.uk/builder/

Len Cooper

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 8 years, 9 months ago Greg Priday
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Len

This problem sounds like it might be a caching issue. Try clearing your browser cache, and then refreshing the page to see if that helps.

You can read more about this sort of issue on the WordPress codex.

2. 8 years, 9 months ago LenCooper

Hello Greg
    thank you so much for replying to my calls for help.
    I have cleared everything from firefox 42 and set it to clear everything on closeing
    I have also accessed the site on another computer windows 10 and edge browser
    Similar problem exists – I cannot style the visual edit widget in the rows
    as the styles widget fails to down load
    so-content panel-dialog so-panels-loading
    so-sidebar so-right-sidebar so-panels-loading
    Example shown on the /builder page on the site
    Your welcome to take a look for your self I can give you a log PR if you can
    Any help and advice is very much appreciated
    Thank you
    Len Cooper

3. 8 years, 9 months ago Greg Priday
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Len

Can you try disabling all non-SiteOrigin plugins and see if this fixes the issue? You’ll need to clear all your caches after disabling your plugins.

If it does fix the issue, then try re-enabling your plugins one by one until the issue comes back. This procedure will help diagnose which plugin is causing the issue.

Once we know that, we’ll be able to look at what might be causing the conflict and either solve the problem or help you find an alternative plugin.

If you aren’t using a SiteOrigin theme, then you can also try temporarily switching to one of the default WordPress themes to see if the issue is theme related.

4. 8 years, 9 months ago LenCooper

Hi Greg
    The website has wordpress 4.4
    and only 3 plugins
    siteorigin pagebuilder
    siteorigin css
    siteorigin widgets bundle
    and thats it
    Nothing else
    and one theme only installed siteorigin VANTAGE
    Thats why the panels misbehaving is so odd and shouldnt happen
    I have contacted my hosting company and they have checked that all permissions are correct for the site and the wp_content folder is clear and also they confirm that absolutely no cache is on my site server
    If you want the login name and password – I can private reply them to you
    Whats next thing to do ?
    Len

5. 8 years, 9 months ago Greg Priday
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Len

Would it be possible for you to create a temporary admin account for us so we can log in and take a look? You can create the account with the following email address:

[email protected]

Just navigate to UsersAdd New in your WordPress admin. Enter siteorigin for the username and [email protected] for the email address. Make sure you’ve selected Administrator for the role and enabled the Send Password field so we receive the details.

Once we’re finished taking a look, you can delete this account. We’ll let you know when to do that.

6. 8 years, 9 months ago Private Message - WordPress

This is a private message.

7. 8 years, 9 months ago LenCooper

Hi Greg
    I have set up user siteorigin / as administrator on the website and I hope that is correct for you to access the site and look around. So its over to you – I do hope that a fix can be found.
    Thank you for your help with this from Len

8. 8 years, 9 months ago Greg Priday
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Len

Thanks for creating the account. I’ll hand this over to the testing team. We’ll get back to you in the next 24-48 hours. Hopefully sooner :)

9. 8 years, 9 months ago LenCooper

Hi Greg
    P Lease I’m not wanting to be a pest but I have started a brand new site to see if I made a mistake….Same problem – I have installed>>>>>>>
    WordPress 4.4
    theme twenty sixteen
    so-page builder
    so-widgets bundle
    ONLY 2 plugins
    that’s all — same problem
    which is when I enter the row widget visual editor I only get the editing window that seems to work perfectly – however the widget styles panel to the right never loads – the circle goes round and around.
    I do appreciate your team are looking at this and I don’t wish to interfere only to do my best to be helpful. To say that a brand new install has given same issue.
    I am happy to help in any way let me know if you want me to try any thing this end to solve this bug.
    Best wishes from Len

10. 8 years, 9 months ago LenCooper

Hi Greg

Greetings

As we are mostly on seasonal holidays at the moment – I am using my time to follow up on the panels not loading problem.

I have not heard from you since I sent you log in user details to my site and so I have continued investigating what I can in the meantime.

Can you say if your pagebuilder visual editing and widget styles panels require use of xmlrpc.php — if so then my next pieces of information may be useful – However, if not then its back to any ideas?

My Site is on a shared hosting and resides with hundreds of other domains on the same IP – The hosting company (which is a big company in the UK) tell me that their servers …….

….. Block the server and all the sites hosted on it if after 5 times in a minute from the same IP a call is received for xmlrpc.php and only after the minute refreshes and all then being well the lock is removed.

If siteorigin page builder uses xmlrpc.php then everybody on this hosting service could be suffering the same issues as I am.

I would appreciate your comments about this as I do see others suffering similar issues as me and I wonder if they should look towards their hosting company rather than siteorigin.

Best wishes as always from Len Cooper

11. 8 years, 9 months ago SiteOrigin
    Hi, I Work Here

Apologies for the delay, Len. We’re taking a look now and will update shortly.

12. 8 years, 9 months ago Private Message - WordPress

13. 8 years, 9 months ago Private Message - SiteOrigin Hi, I Work Here

14. 8 years, 9 months ago SiteOrigin
    Hi, I Work Here

Apologies again for the delay. Given the vanilla nature of your WordPress installation (very few plugins etc), there is a good chance this is hosting related. Please, could you reach out to your hosting company. Send them the following error:

http://sophieallendesigns.co.uk/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?_panelsnonce=edc0288ce0 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 503 (Service Temporarily Unavailable)

Ask them if the Page Builder plugin is perhaps triggering a mod_security rule. If it is, could they whitelist it?

Let us know how it goes. Hopefully your hosts will be able to assist.

15. 8 years, 9 months ago LenCooper

Hi and a big thank you for directions –

I have messaged my hosting company with the details as provided –

I have seen a number of similar questions around the web and I do hope that our thread can help others to get a hosting that will be fit for purpose.

Regarding the 503 I did get a reply from my hosting company when I queried it with them a while back that said the 503 error is a security feature in place on the shared platform. and that “I do not think this would be causing the issues”

Well folks I just don’t know – I will report back when I get a reply to my current message to the hosting company as soon as possible

Best wishes From Len Cooper

16. 8 years, 9 months ago SiteOrigin
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks for your feedback. The 503 error is the cause of the challenge we’re facing. Please, ask your hosting company if they can whitelist the item in question.

17. 8 years, 9 months ago LenCooper

Hi Greg and Support Assistants

In Conclusion to my problems with SiteOrigin Page Builder panels not loading.

Should you find that the Site Origin Visual Editor or the widget styles panel fail to appear and the loading circle only goes round and around for ever then the following tips may be of interest.

I have been advised that eliminating a plugins conflict may well be the first point of attention and so deactivation plugins that are not part of the problem may well provide the solution.

Although most update themes will be of no problem it’s often a wise move to change to a basic and latest theme to be sure there are no incompatibilities.

If after trying these popular fixes your problem still exists then you may need to consider the issue that I found was causing me grief with my site.

I found that my shared hosting platform which is with quite a big business in the UK were applying a rate limiting protocol this is what they said to me:-

“We have something in place on WordPress sites called rate limiting. Essentially with WordPress being one of the most popular CMS tools on the internet, this also does make it a target for most people who are looking to do something less than legitimate. We had a period where a lot of WordPress installs were being brute forced, so in order to avoid this causing issues with resources on our servers we decided to rate limit so that sites would stay online. This has unfortunately had a knock on effect such as this one. It’s not something we’d be able to remove unfortunately, is there another plugin that could be used that doesn’t require the xmlrpc.php file at all?”

Having received instruction from SiteOrigin to try applying exclusion rule for me I then received this reply:-

My request to them was if we could whitelist the your mod_security rule.

“Unfortunately, this would not be possible on the shared platform” was the reply

It would seem that some hosting companies may not be able to guarantee your WordPress site will work with SiteOrigin page builder certainly my hosting company cannot offer me a solution or any guarantee of suitability and in practice my website cannot be edited using SiteOrigin page builder where I was very happy to be using this plugin in the past and now cannot.

I believe all the details here to be correct but am no expert and relay this as information of my experience only.

Best wishes to all from Len Cooper

18. 8 years, 9 months ago Private Message - LenCooper

19. 8 years, 9 months ago SiteOrigin
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Len

Thanks for the detailed feedback, we hugely appreciate the effort involved. It’ll help us diagnose this problem much quicker in future cases. I’m going to pass this over to Greg and the development team. Hopefully there is some action we can take to work around this problem.

20. 8 years, 8 months ago LenCooper

Hi to Greg and Support assistants

and thank you for responses to the issue of the panels failing to load in siteorigin visual editor.

I have now received the details of the blocking system employed by my hosting company here in england
    they say to me — quote —

The system we have in place on the linux shared hosting with regards rate limiting is a system that monitors how many times the files xmlrpc.php, wp-login.php and wp-comments-post.php are accessed from a particular IP address to any website (ie. if a customer tries to access these files on multiple websites on the same server from one IP address then the combined number of attempts to all sites are taken into account).

The rate limiting is as follows:

wp-login.php and xmlrpc.php – more than 5 times in a minute -> IP address is blocked for an hour

wp-comments-post.php – more than 3 times in a minute -> IP address is blocked for an hour

Also if an IP address exceeds these thresholds on an individual server 10 times in a 24 hour period the IP address is then blocked indefinitely on that server and would require us to then remove the block if needed.

The issue I am guessing is not that necessarily my site is bad but as I am sharing with a hundred or more other domains then only some bad sites can have a knock on effect on the others.

I hope this may be of some assistance to you with the development of an alternative approach to the way site origin visual editor operates that may be able to avoid the blocking for me and others who may use my hosting company and/or other hosting companies that may use a similar rate limiting protocol in the future

All best wishes for the 2016 to you all

from Len Cooper

21. 8 years, 8 months ago SiteOrigin
    Hi, I Work Here

Thanks Len, these details are most helpful. We appreciate all the effort.

22. 8 years, 8 months ago LenCooper

To Close this thread I conclude that the function of the panels are being restricted by features added to my server by my hosting company.

Should you experience panels that are not loading and have carried out the tests previously discussed then you may need to be speaking with your hosting company.

I have since moved the site that had the problem to another server and have found it to be working correctly now.

All best wishes from Len

23. 8 years, 8 months ago SiteOrigin
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Len

Thanks so much for your summary above and for all of your efforts in resolving this previously unknown and challenging issue. We really appreciate it!

All the best with your future projects.

24. 8 years, 7 months ago Jonathan McGregor

I just experienced this same problem with the site origin editor, the circle would keep circling and nothing would load. I tried all the things above with clearing cache, and nothing worked. What I did was disabled all of my plugins, cleared cache, and enabled them one at a time.

I was only using these plugins at the time of the error
    Page Builder by SiteOrigin
    SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle
    Visual Editor by BlackStudio TinyMCE Widget

Not sure if it matters,
    I have three websites on one server.

Summary:
    Try to disable all plugins, clear cache, then enable one at a time testing to make sure everything works as you go. Best of luck

• 8 years, 7 months ago LenCooper

Hi Jonathan McGregor

thank you for responding to this thread. I have now solved the issue by moving my site from a single shared hosting server to a clustered server arrangement.

It would seem that with the shared hosting server that my hosting company would apply some form of blocking should too many calls be made to certain php files on that server. Now it would be that if one site of many on the server was being hit big time then all the neighbours suffered the shut down as consequence as all are on the same IP.

So if anybody finds a pagebuilder install unable to download the panels when editing then providing they have carried out the tips as you suggest and from others documented else where in other threads and to no avail then they may need to consider their hosting package being the problem.

Clustered rather than single hosting server has solved my problem maybe this information may help others if they get stuck – I do hope so. All best wishes to all from Len

PS. a big thank you to the hard working team from siteorigin as always….

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More