Home>Support>Vantage Premium Theme settings changed with WordPress 4.4.1

Vantage Premium Theme settings changed with WordPress 4.4.1

Hi there. Just after WordPress updated to 4.4.1 I noticed some changes to my blog posts (I am using Vantage Premium theme). One of those things was that categories and tags had disappeared from the bottom of my posts. I went back into my Blog post theme settings and was able to restore that visual element.

However, the other thing I noticed was that the blog date had disappeared from below the blog title/archive. The setting in the Appearance>theme settings>blog settings remained unchanged (the box is checked), but the date does not appear.

Wondering if the WordPress update defaulted some settings, if others noted changes, and if there is anything I can do to remedy or fix. I haven’t come to your support forum terribly often because I hardly ever have any issues or problems with your theme! My short search in your forums didn’t find very much of anything related to my problem.

My current theme says I have Vantage premium Version 2.4.4

My blog is located at http://tarotbythom.com/blog/

Thanks for any help.

This is our free support forum. Replies can take several days. If you need fast email support, please purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license.

1. 8 years, 8 months ago SiteOrigin
    Hi, I Work Here

Hi Thom

Thanks for your question. Please, can you check if AppearanceTheme SettingsPost Meta is enabled?

2. 8 years, 8 months ago Thom Courcelle

Doooh! That visual preference must also have been defaulted “off” at the same time. I just enabled it, and the date is now appearing in the blog post and archive listing. Bravo and thanks.

Any idea why the WordPress upgrade would change those settings? Is that common during a WordPress upgrade?

Your quick support response was appreciated. Thanks again.

3. 8 years, 8 months ago SiteOrigin
    Hi, I Work Here

Super :) Really glad to hear that helped. It’s definitely isn’t something that should have changed during the update. Apologies for the hassle. If anything else comes up, please, let us know.

Replies on this thread are closed. Please create a new thread if you have a question, or purchase a SiteOrigin Premium license if you need one-on-one email support.

Get The Most Out of SiteOrigin with SiteOrigin Premium

Find Out More